CH/5

He stopped the water and looked at me before huffing and pouring hydrogen peroxide all over my arm. Little white bubbles covered my arm, making it look like I was foaming. The two deep fang marks were making the most bubbles and hurt like crazy. He poked at it and only made things worse.

“Would you stop, that really does hurt.” Pulling my arm, only to have it pulled back.
“I said quiet whining. It needs stitches.” Frowning and sending me a plenty glare.
“Yea, well that’s not happening.” Laughing it off.
“Stubborn woman, your gonna get sick if this isn’t taken care of.” He got a little to close to my face for comfort.
“I don’t get sick from wolf bites.” standing up and grabbing a fresh bandage.
He was about to take it away from me, when he saw all the other bite marks on my arm. I had a normal t-shirt on so it wasn’t really hard to see them all. I had been bitten at least a dozen or so times, before this one.

“How many times have you been bitten by a wolf?” Looking a little worried.

“Aww a few.” Wrapping my arms again.
“Looks like more then a few.” folding his arms.
“I guess.” walking out of the bathroom, he followed closer than usual.
“Don’t you think that’s a bit to many?”

I sat back down at the table and realized my meal had gone cold, my appetite was gone anyways.

“No, not really.” Opening my book again.
He growled and glared at me till I stopped reading.
“What? What’s your problem now?” huffing.
“Why are you doing this?” waving his arms around.
“Doing what? Taking care of wolves?” I had been asked this question a thousand times. Maybe more.
“Yea that, this isn’t a normal life style for a woman.” pounding his hand on the table.
“Normal? Who’s to say what’s normal anymore?” resting my wrapped arm on the table. He didn’t like my answer.
“Do your parents know you do this kind of thing?”
Now there was a new one, never hear those words come out of an Alpha before. I couldn’t help it I let out a good laugh.

“Your kidding right, what am I twelve?” Laughing harder. Snarling at me and pushing the table a little to make me quit.
“Yea my parents know I do this, and they’re fine with it. Would you like to call them and make sure?” grinning wildly at him.
“Oh so your just stupid then! Figures most humans are.” Here we go again, he’s gonna start trying to pick a fight with me.

“You think whatever you want Alpha, but I do this because I love it! Not because it’s fun or because I have to or even for the money…which there isn’t any. Just because I love it.” Taking my book and moving away from the table. I was calling it a night when I heard the light pad of four paws trailing behind me, guessing he’s sleeping in tonight. Instead of making me sleep all twisted, he kept to his side of the bed.

    It felt weird since most wolves I take in have a problem, so this is a vacation for them. It’s like having a roommate to me who doesn’t pay anything and eats everything, but with this Alpha everything besides his attitude seemed normal. I’ve had the crazy wolves before, I mean hell one ate through my living room and into the kitchen. Another tore down the ceiling fans cause he said and I quote. “They’re mocking me”  Having said that this just didn’t seem right. He did the normal things when he first arrived here, which I had expected. Time will tell I guess, no sense in asking him, cause he won’t tell me till he’s ready.

    The following morning I woke with a yawn and a stretch, till my nose caught the smell of bacon and eggs. Changing into normal clothes I headed for my kitchen. Alpha was cooking and seemed to be completely at ease doing so. He saw me and stopped to snarl, oh how perfect! Looking away and leaving him alone. My cell rang as I sat on the sofa, it was Sam.
“Hey Sam.”

“Morning, how’s everything going with…”
“Fine, he shifted.” Sam was good at getting short handed words.
“Really, that was fast.”
“Yeah, I’m thinking there isn’t anything wrong, just bored.” I glanced over at the Alpha who snorted at me.
“Bored, huh didn’t think that was possible, wanna send him my way. I got way to many females to handle and Marlene is having a fit.” He laughed, but was serious.
“I’ll ask, but I doubt it. How’s our boy doing?”
“Ohh he’s doing better, you should come by and see him. Bet he’d perk up even more at the sight of you.” You could feel his smile.
“I just might, don’t have anything else going on today.”
“Alright we’ll be here.”