Part 20

~

"I am not so blind that I can't see darkness."

-Terry Pratchett

~

Stars, how overrated.

I stopped working on the painting of the night sky I was doing and tossed it to the ground.

I couldn't figure out what to paint. I was in a massive creative slump.

I took out my phone and scrolled to the one contact I wanted to talk to, Emma.

The last day of Thanksgiving break is tomorrow and I hadn't spoken to her since Thanksgiving day.

We might have said that we were cool. But, it didn't feel like it.

It wasn't like we were fighting it was just- stop. I scolded myself.

I ran my fingers through my hair as I sighed.

I need to take the edge off.

I scrolled down and stopped at the one person I knew could help me out, Levi.

I pressed call and waited. It rang three times before he answered.

"You better be dying." He said tiredly. I rolled my eyes.

What a drama queen...

"I could really use something to relax me," I said vaguely in case he was by other people who could hear.

He laughed.

"I'll be over in ten and I'm bringing a friend." He said before hanging up in true Levi fashion.

I scrolled down more and called Micheal next. He answered in the first ring.

"Come over," I said simply as I walked around my room moving my art supplies away.

"Can't, I have a hot lunch date," Micheal said. I could almost hear the grin on his face.

"Who's the unlucky guy?" I asked joking. "You are such an asshole, you know that?"

"Yeah, I've been told. But isn't that the type of shit you lik-"

"I hate you." He said before hanging up.

Some people just can't take a joke.

Lately, it's been like he's got a permanent stick up his ass.

I smirked as I noticed the irony of my thought.

I rubbed my eyes tiredly before lastly calling Devon.

The phone didn't even finish half a ring before a voice I knew too well answered.

"He's busy right now," Rebecca said dully as she breathed into the phone.

Eww, I didn't want to know whatever it was that I interrupted.

I was gonna hang up when she suddenly asked: "How's Emma?"

I was more than a little confused. As much as I couldn't stand Rebecca, Emma found something about her to be charming.

If I wasn't with Emma then Rebecca was sure to be by her side. If anyone was to know how she was it would be Rebecca.

"Shouldn't you know," I said simply. I could almost hear the smirk on her lips as she asked me back "shouldn't you?"

I didn't know what to say to that. But, I hated to admit she had a point.

"Bye, David." She said before hanging up.