Part 21

~

"Had I been in love, I could not have been more wretchedly blind. But vanity, not love, has been my folly."

-Jane Austen

~

She always had a way of smelling like mint, vanilla, and flowers. Although that combination may sound a little weird it was heavenly.

We laid under the covers of her bed. Her head pressed against my chest. Her fingers tracing patterns on my stomach.

Music coming from my phone was playing softly in the background. She hummed along to the songs every once in a while.

"What are you thinking about?" She asked breaking the silence.

She always seemed to want to know what was going through my mind.

"You," I said answering honestly.

Since before I had even met her, she consumed most of my thoughts. That hasn't changed.

She turned facing my direction. "Liar." She said blushing.

I shook my head smiling at her flushed face. "I'm not lying."

"What about me are you thinking?"

"Your eyes," I answered honestly.

Her eyes have become a long-held mystery to me, why did she hide them behind her glasses?

She turned away for me slightly.

I was about to apologize when she said the last thing I ever thought I'd hear from her.

"Do you want to see them?" She asked hesitantly.

"Really, you'd let me?" I asked in surprise as I tried to keep my voice leveled.

I never thought she would ever let me see her eyes.

The thought of her taking off her forsaken glasses was both exciting and nerve wrecking.

The idea of our eyes meeting, even if she can't see me, was electrifying.

I've always been a firm believer that the eyes are the window to the soul.

More than anything I wanted a chance to see that small part of her soul.

She answered my question by pulling her glasses off her face.

Her eyelashes were long and dark as she held her eyes close.

"Ready?" She asked trying to contain her grin, I could hear the slight uncertainty in her voice.

I'm as ready as I'll ever be.

"Yes," I answered, with that, she opened her eyes.

She had the most beautiful pair of ocean blue eyes I have ever seen.

They weren't even blue, they were so much more.

Her eyes were a rainy bluish grey, almost silver, the irises of her eyes held little splashes of a honey brown and green.

I couldn't muster to say a word so instead, I lead forward and kissed her.

Her eyes widened quickly before closing as she kissed me back.

I closed my eyes as I enjoyed the feeling of her being so close to me.

She pulled away first, gasping for air.

The sounds of our mixed breaths joined the music.

She laughed.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked as I looked at her stunning face.