Chapter Two

"As much as I love the random visit," I started as I attempted to slip into the outfit she had thrown at me, "I'm curious as you why exactly you're here at this time of night." The dress she tossed me was a bit of a tight squeeze. I really had to suck it in for the dress to slide over my stomach. 

The moment I was fully covered, I walked into the clearing and faced the Alpha sitting directly on the border, her feet dangling on my side. She grinned at me and said, "I was doing a patrol for my brother and got bored. While I was running along the river I caught your scent and decided to pay you a little visit. Is this a bad time?"

"No," I laughed as I leaned against one of the many trees, "Perfect timing actually. I could use a friend."

"Having big brother issues?"

"When isn't it him?"

"I don't understand why you won't just claim the pack already?" Eloise sighed as she jumped from her spot on the broken tree stump. "You have so many packs that would support you. Hell, over half of your own pack would be on your side." 

There was no denying her words, but there were still issues that needed to be resolved before I started a civil war within the pack. On top of that, I know that there were other Alpha's that would take advantage of a fight between my brother and I. They'd swoop in the moment we were at our worst and destroy everything. I couldn't risk it. Too many wolves would loose their lives.

"Well for one, he's still my brother. I already lost one. I'm not really in the mood to lose another."

"Trent was a sweetheart Cara. Titan is a raping, murderous bastard who deserves to rot in hell."

"Could you kill your own brother?" I growled. 

I wasn't trying to be mean, but as cruel as Titan was, he was still my brother, and that was the hardest part of it all.

"No," She snorted, "For one, he'd squish me like a bug. Two, pregnant Isadonna make my worst nightmare look like a unicorn prancing around in a field of daisy's while being surrounded by puppies. And lastly, if he was gone I'd have no one to make fun of whenever I get bored. By killing him, I'd basically be handing my life over to the devil himself."

"Look," I yawned as my body began to register how long I'd actually been out, and the strain from fighting against her control, "I know Titan is a horrible man. You know that I still believe he was responsible for Trent and Hannah's death, but as of right now, there are still issues I need to figure out before I can take control. Not to mention, I don't think I can kill him. I'd much rather send him to the Black Garden." Eloise flinched at the name. No Alpha wanted to be sent there. Death was more welcome then being locked up behind those silver coated walls.

"Well, if you ever do need help, I'm a simple phone call away." I started to thank her but stopped. If I was right about Titan's part in Trent and Hannah's death, then that meant they weren't the only targets.

"Actually," I smiled, "Can you deliver a message to my sister?"

"Of course I can. Maybe it will get me out of nursery duty." I would have laughed but the mission was just too serious. So I told her what I thought Titan was up to and why. I explained what I wanted done and the risks involved. She never even let me finish my explanation; she was on board the moment I asked.

"I will deliver the information. See you later Cara."

"Bye Eli."

Eloise turned ready to leave but stopped mid-stride. "Oh before I forget," she turned back with a Cheshire cat grin plastered on her face, her pink, cotton candy colored hair wiping around, "Ty sends his love."