Chapter Six

Saying goodbye to Tiberius was both a heartache and a breath of fresh air. Being around him but having to keep my distance, felt like I was letting someone shove two knives into my back and then doing nothing as they twisted the blades around and tore me to shreds. I was never relaxed unless he was gone. Even with that being said, I liked having him near. Whenever he was gone, I always felt as if something was missing, and when he's around me, even with the pain, that empty void in my heart was filled and a part of me was much happier.

Isadonna and Faith on the other hand felt like death. I hated seeing Faith being driven off in Eric's car, but I would accept the pain if it meant that she would be safe from her uncle.

Before our goodbyes, Isadonna promised I could visit when ever to see Faith. I thanked her for the offer, but admitted that it probably wouldn't be happening any time soon. With Faith gone, I could roam a little more freely and start figuring out how I was going to handle the growing situation within the pack.

Walking back into the house, I found find Titan sitting on the entry hall sofa. He looked like he was up to something, but when his gaze landed on me, his emotions grew raw with anger.

"Someone looks a little upset" I smirked as I poked at the beast, "Don't tell me that you are already missing your precious niece?"

"She is the heir to this pack. Everyone is upset." Titan snapped. 

I shrugged his anger off like it was a piece of dirt. "She is too young to even be considered for leadership, besides father was given to his uncle's pack to be raised, after our grandfather passed away. Everything turned out fine in the end for him."

"Times were a little different back then."

"And how was that? Didn't they have murderous, traitors running a muck in their packs?" The challenge in my voice was quite clear. Unfortunately Titan didn't succumb to it like I had hoped. Instead, he responded as if I was an overly cautious child.

"Oh Cara....I wish I could show you that this pack is so much safer then you think. You need to have trust in those around you. This is my biggest fear for you. Always watching over your back, it must be difficult..."

"Oh Titan," I mocked in a sickly sweet voice, "If anyone should watch their back, it's you."

"Threatening your Alpha?"

"Last time I checked, I am, my own Alpha-"

"Not that I don't love to watch you two fight," Lucas cooed as he appeared from a shadow filled corner, "But I need to talk to my Alpha. If you'll excuse us Titan." Grabbing my arm, Lucas pulled me away from my brother and into my office. He didn't stop moving until he was sitting comfortably in my chair, his feet kicked up on the desk like he owned the place. "I received a message today...I took it during your Summit meeting...just in case you're wondering, it's the reason why I wasn't there."

"You didn't happen to know about the date change, did you, Lucas?" I asked as I sat on the small leather love couch next to the office door.

"Actually that had been kept a secret from me too. It annoyed me, but there is now nothing I can really do, and you should know that one of my sources called, and it's actually kind of important."

"Alright then, let's here it."

"Victoria was spotted three towns over." Hearing that the blood queen was around made me laugh. Titan and every other Alpha around here would be throwing a fit if they discovered anyone from the horde was around, especially now with the missing Alpha's. It was no worry for me though; I knew it wasn't her.