Chapter Four

He was waiting outside the door to the main hall, dark locks falling over his eyes, the electric green color popping out in contrast to the dark halo. I could have asked what was on his mind, but I had a pretty good feeling of exactly what was on his mind. Instead, I stopped and tried to force an emotionless smile onto my face.

"Long time no see, Tiberius."

"Cara..." My name on his lips sounded like heaven. There was no stopping the rush of heat that flooded my body from that one word.

"Waiting for someone?" I questioned as I tried my best to hide the effect his presence had on me.

"Not really." He smirked.

"Then why are you out here?"

"Didn't know that I needed a reason."

"I guess you have a point. I'll see you inside then." Without looking up into his gaze, I disappeared behind the doors.

A silent hush fell over the room the moment the doors creaked closed behind me. Titan sat at the far end of our long burnt oak dining table, a victorious smirk plastered on his square shaped face. I know he thought he had won by not mentioning the meeting to me; all the Alpha's would see this as neglect, but I wasn't as foolish as he assumed. I smiled politely at all the Alpha's in the room. "Sorry I'm late boys. Had some packing to assist with."

"How is packing more important then the Summit?" Someone called out as I took my seat at the opposite end of my brother.

"Well, when it's the formal Alpha's daughter, it gets put at the top of the list, Alpha Jackson." My smile turned vicious as the smirk was ripped from my brothers face.

"Excuse me?" He growled as the weight of my words settled in. Seeing the reaction that I had hoped for had an unexpected smile tugging at the corners of my lips.

"Oh no, did I forget to tell you brother?" I asked with exaggerated shock, "Isadonna is taking custody of Faith for a bit."

"You can't-"

"Last time I checked Trent's will has me noted as her guardian," I interrupted, "So that means...I have every right." My childish smile was stupid, but I couldn't help myself. Titan had purposely kept the information of the change in date for the Summit, just to make me look bad, and now he was the one looking bad. Moving Faith was a big deal. If she turned out to be an Alpha, the pack would be her birthright. Giving her to another Alpha was a major deal, even if he was the mate of her aunt.

"We will talk about this later." Titan growled lowly.

I told him off instantly.

I watched as gold began to cut through the ocean blue. He opened his mouth to continue to fight but it was interrupted as another Alpha stepped into the conversation. "Enough." Tiberius growled from behind me. It took a lot to not roll my eyes at him. His one word was obviously more for me then my brother, a certain power behind the deep tone of voice used.  

Disliking the attempt of the Alpha trying to display his dominance over me, and my wolf, I blatantly disrespected his authority and turned towards Eloise, starting a conversation as Tiberius began to address the room.

"You know that you could have mentioned this to me during our little meet up two days ago, right?"

"I thought you knew...patrolling your territory like you were...I thought you had been keeping an eye out for him...you knowing, making sure he didn't try what he did last time."

"You know that he uses any chance he can to make me look bad. What made you really believe that he would have told me about this?"

"Not him...the one behind you..." Eloise didn't even try to hide her grin. Maybe ignore his calls and texts isn't the smartest thing to do...