Chapter Nineteen

Surprisingly, it didn't take long for Savorn to spill the beans. I had expected him to put up at least a little bit of a fight, but my wolf was just a little to much for him. Honestly, she was a little to much for almost everyone, which is exactly why I've kept her locked up until now. Like I had expected, my brother was apart of this all, hoping that I would succumb to the mate bond and wither away, though he wasn't the only Alpha involved. There were two others, and I wasn't their only target. They wanted all three of the female Alpha's to be taken care of. Of course Eloise was a loose cannon, and Savorn admitted that they hadn't been able to come up with a plan to get her yet. Reagan on the other hand was out of the question. Savorn and his men knew that they would get themselves killed trying to get her. I was the easiest target, especially since they had someone on the inside. They just hadn't been expect her to be lurking beneath the surface.

Satisfied with the answers they provided, my wolf stood and started for the entrance. Behind us, the wolves sighed with relief, but they were wrong to relax.

"Earlier, you mentioned how my grandfather was a hybrid. After chatting with some of his pack members...it was brought up that you may have been considered for being brought into the pack. You were denied tho. Is this true?" we asked as the shadows outside the room began to move.

"Y-yes...he told me that I wasn't a good fit for the pack. I did some digging on him and found out about you and your siblings. I also remember seeing you at his home once before. So I knew you were still in contact with him. Then I learned that you and your older brother were fighting over who would control the pack after the loss of your other older brother. I offered my services, knowing if I could get you, then I was one step closer to your grandfather."

"I see," we pause and think, and then smile, "Tell me, do you know why no one really believes that hybrids exist?"

"I assume it's because-"

"It's Because," the two from earlier step into the light, blood dripping from their enlarged canines, "Hybrids always clean up their messes, and make sure that those who know, permanently keep their mouths shut. Clearly my grandfather screwed up by letting you go the first time. I, on the other hand, will not make that same mistake..."

Heart retching screams echoing behind me as the hybrids do what they do best. My wolf completely ignores the sound, walking out of the room and towards one of the many openings to the outside.

It's a literal breath of fresh air as I step out into the darkened world. My wolf begins to recede back to her own darkness, our bond so much different then what it was before I was brought here. Turning around, I finally face the prison I'd been stuck in for the last couple of weeks.

It was nothing more then a small, boarded up factory building. From the underground stair case I'd come up from, it was safe to say that the Omega and his followers were using the underground part of the place and not the above ground. It made sense really, seeing that if we had been above ground, it would have been much easer for those who are looking for us to have found us.

Still, as I sniffed the air, one thing stood out. There wasn't a trace of wolf around the place. Considering that Savron and his men would have made multiple trips in order to get us and bring us here, there should have been at least a little bit of some kind of scent. Yet, there was nothing.

"Lucas..."

I hear a small thud behind me, and then, "They are going to be so thrilled..."

"It was bound to happen eventually," I said as I turned and faced my Beta, "I'm surprised my grandfather managed to get you guys here first."

"I'm not."

"And what is because?"

"Think about it. You were the only one without your real wolf unleashed. Now you all are awakened. Now the blood flowing their your veins is thriving. Do you really not think that they didn't let you just kind of rot here, knowing that eventually she would gain control?"