👑Chapter 16👑

"You look beautiful by the way." Eddie states as I feel him kiss my cheeks, they automatically begin to heat up at his touch and I find myself looking anywhere but into his eyes, scared they'd go even more scarlet then they already are. I feel my smile turn to a frown at the recognition that he's only doing this to get Alice of his back so none of this is actually his true emotions "Hey, you okay Alex?" Eddie asked in a comforting voice that sounded far away.

I was snapped out of my thought by Eddies fingers lacing my hands as we stop in the middle of the corridor "Yeah sorry, I was just thinking." I felt tears threatening to run down my cheek "Sorry I have to go" I run towards the girls restrooms as I hear footsteps behind me. I push open the door, enter one of the cubicles and start to let my heart out, memories of my mother and father started swirling around in my mind. Its my fault they died. All my fault. a couple of soft taps appeared on the cubicle door.

"Come on blondie, I don't want to make a habit of going into the girls restrooms." Eddie called out, I couldn't help a chuckle escaping my mouth. His joking voice turned to one of worry and kindness "Want to talk about it?" I instantly felt at ease and opened the door to see a uneasy Eddie. Can I trust him or not? This certain decision will challenge my rule and possibly put my subjects in danger. Before I could think about the possibilities the door opened revealing a certain annoyed best friend.

"You are so dead Alex" she stated, I felt relived that she turned up because in my weakest moment I was going to tell Eddie everything, and I mean everything. That happiness soon vanished as I saw her face, pure anger. She turned her attention to Eddie and that anger was soon replaced with suggestiveness and shock. "Eddie what are you doing in the girls bathroom?" she shook her head "forget it, Alex will fill me in later. Anyway back to the point. Alex!" the tone of her voice made my head ache.

"What?" I asked defensively.

"Don't act dumb!" she shrieked, I shrugged and she let out an exasperated breath and put her hand to her head, shutting her eyes in the process. "Why didn't you tell me that your birthday was TOMORROW!?" Crap I forgot with everything that was happening. I looked at both Eddie and Mad's and they both looked at me, waiting for an explanation to why I didn't inform them of the date of my birth.

"To be honest I really don't want to celebrate my birthday without my dad." I stated as I squeeze past both of my interrogators. Its true, not once have I celebrated a birthday without my father present, It doesn't feel right. I shove the restroom door open and begin to walk down the corridor. Multiple footsteps echoed behind me.

"Alex he'd want you to be happy and celebrate something so momentous" Maddie's voice softened at what I had said as she grabbed my shoulders to stop me moving any further away from her. "you deserve to be happy" Eddie was standing behind Maddie, I was thankful that he wasn't asking questions about what we was discussing. I looked over to me and he gave me a reassuring smile, I returned the gesture. I turn my attention back to me and I make my decision.

"Fine but no major party or anything like that." I point at her, she smiles and whoops throwing her clutched fist in the air. She nods her head frantically, she pulls me into a quick hug and skips off towards her next class. I notice Eddies still standing, waiting for me.

"Come on Blondie we have music class. Can't be late for that." we both begin to walk to music when I see two people in the corner of my eye. Sam and Alice are stood talking but not taking their eyes off of Eddie and I. Eddie hadn't noticed them staring at us let alone glaring, I shook it off and walked into the music classroom. What is wrong with them two? surprisingly Eddie sat next to me, at a desk with a piano located on it, and held my hand in his. Seconds later Sam and Alice walked in. Sam gave me yet another flirtatious wink and I felt extremely uncomfortable but what surprised me the most was how Eddie held onto my hand tighter and glared at Sam. Alice walked by and blew Eddie a kiss which made me even more uncomfortable, I began to slide down my seat a little. Eddie looked at her with a grimace on his face. "so, why didn't you tell me your birthday was tomorrow blondie, is it because you don't like me?" Eddie asks as he sticks out his bottom lip, I couldn't help the butterflies in my stomach.

"No its not that I don't like you, its just that I forgot that's all" I state, he looks gobsmacked at my last comment.

"Okay how does someone forget their birthday." he asks confusion and sarcasm lacing his voice.

"Well I am a busy girl. And I have to deal with you so..." I left the sentence hanging and we both began to laugh. The class went silent as the teacher walked in, he looked as if he was in his mid twenties. He was perfectly polished from the way he styled his hair to his suit. I heard a couple of the girls giggle and whisper things behind me, things like "He's hot" Really? he's like eight years older then you, the thing you should worry about is the pink lipstick on your teeth and the hair extensions that are hanging off your head.