Chapter 7: First Task and Revealing Stories

Weeks went by until it was the day before the first task. Hermione was in the Great Hall. Cedric came in and saw her alone. He started to walk towards her.
"Hermione" he said once he was right near her. "I just learned what the first task was."
"How?" She asked.
"Harry told me."
"What is it?"
"Dragons, one for each champion. Krum and Delacour already know also. Right before Charms class. My stuff fell out of my bag and he came soon after the event happened and told me."
"How did he find out?"
"I dunno, he just knew."
"What are you going to do about the dragon?"
"I don't know fully yet, something at least."
"Well, figure out soon."
"Planning on it."
"Good."

The next day came sooner or later. The day of the first task. Four dragons ready to do what they are told to do, which was to protect a golden egg.
Harry was pacing all around the tent until he heard a voice near the tent.
"Hermione?" He said near the voice he heard.
"Yes it is. Harry right?" Hermione asked. "So how are you feeling Harry?"
"I'm doing alright."
"Listen, I'm worried for both of you two."
"You two? Who's the other?"
"Um...I can't."
Hermione got herself quickly in the tent and hugged Harry with the worry he will die. Harry was very confused but hugged her back. Right when they hugged, a flash blinded everyone in the tent.
"Young love, it's just so beautiful." Rita Skeeter said as she and her camera man entered the tent. "This little connection with you love birds is automatically going on the front page."
Cedric saw the whole thing g happen. Hermione looked at Cedric with the pain of love sorrow. Both Cedric and Hermione were looking at each other from a distance. Hermione could tell that Cedric wanted to speak up but she could tell he didn't want to do for a reason that she didn't know. Viktor Krum was about to but Fluer Delacour really spoke up.
"You donz't belozg ere. You belonzg with te audienze. Champions,te ittle boy, and headmasterz are allowed in ere. Soz Iz suggest you getz outz ere, now!" Fluer demand to Skeeter.
"Well, well what do we have here? Little Granger girl here stealing your man?" Skeeter whispered to Fluer.
"No!" Fluer said.
Then Viktor Krum stepped up to the plate.
"How long will this last?" Harry whispered to Hermione.
"This section is for Triwizard Champions only!" Viktor said to Skeeter which was the only thing Hermione ever heard from him.
"More love? Potter stealing your girl I'm guessing?" Skeeter whispered to Viktor.
The flash from the camera was taken. Only this time it was towards Viktor Krum.
"That took longer than it should have been." Hermione whispered to Harry.
"I know." Harry said.
Cedric thought, "If there is another flash in here, I'm going to be blind before I even take a step out of here."
"Well that's all we needed, a little more than we thought we needed. Better be going now." Rita said as she and her camera man left the tent.

"Champions, gather around." Dumbledore said to everyone.
Hermione was near Dumbledore. Comparing she didn't know what she should do, she just joined in.
"Ms. Granger, what are you doing here?" Dumbledore asked Hermione
"I don't know, I'll just go." Hermione said as she left the tent.
The Minister came in with a bag. Inside of it was mini versions of the dragons the champions have to face.
Fluer Delacour was the first to choose the dragon. She got the Common Welsh Green which was the second dragon. Viktor Krum choose the next dragon. He got the Chinese Fireball which was the third dragon. Cedric Diggory was next. He got the Swedish Short Snout which was the first dragon. Last but not least was Harry Potter. He got the final dragon, the Hungarian Horntail.
"Each dragon guards a golden egg. You need to get the golden egg because that hold the clue to the second task that's two weeks after Christmas Eve." The Minister said after Harry choose his dragon.
Dumbledore said, "Diggory, on three when the cannon fires, you can go out to your dragon. One!"
Glitch blasted the cannon to early which shook the tent a bit. Everyone looked at Flitch with the look thinking the word "honestly."

Cedric Diggory's POV
Cedric went out to face to face with the Swedish Short Snout. He has his plan all written up in his head. First he used Transfiguration in good use and made a rock turn into a golden retriever. The dog distracted the dragon. Cedric was able to sneak pass the dragon to the egg. Once he got the egg, the crowd roared in excitement. Once after Cedric got the egg, he quickly ran back to the tent. Well he was fast just not fast enough for the dragon to catch him on the corner of its eye. The dragon didn't care about the dog anymore and blew fire towards Cedric. Cedric was able to get to the tent but the fire was able to reach him which burned half of his face. Only slightly but very noticeable. He got back to where each champion went right after their fight. Cedric got the egg but also came back with some burn marks.