prologue

PROLOGUE

"I don't trust anybody. Not anybody. And the more that I care about someone, the more sure I am they're going to get tired of me and take off." ― Rainbow Rowell, fan girl.

And so we stood there on the bleachers by the football field. he looked at me with a look of longing. a look that pained me. "I love you, Cecily" he said to me. there are so many things I could've said, but in stead I let my insecurity take over. "No, you don't" I say to him.

I turn around to walk away but he grabs my wrist and gently pulls me back to him. "Yes I do!" he says to me. I take a step backwards while trying to stop the tears that are almost prickling out. "Carter, you cant love me, in the end you'll leave me just like everyone else." I say to him. I keep taking steps back but he keeps walking closer to me.

"Cecily, I've met your drunken mother, I know about your father that took off, I'm the stranger that stood up for you when your own best friend didn't, you have trust issues but trust me when I say I'm not going anywhere." He says to me while closing the space between us.

He presses our lips together and I don't pull back. His hand gently strokes my cheek. I wrap my hands around his neck and knot my fingers in his brown hair. His tongue runs across my bottom lip asking for entrance. I part my lips and our tongues battle for dominance which he wins.

When we kiss it feels blissful and electrical. Different then anything I've ever felt. I don't know how long we kiss but what I do know is that Carter rivers will be both my uprising and my blissful downfall.

***

so ya there's your prologue. I'm pretty sure those are supposed to me short so there it is. chapter one will be out soon it'll also be longer vote comment and follow.- Izzy your awesome author.