Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine
| Grocery Store Run-Ins |

~ Cecily Kingston ~

It's stopped raining by time Olivia and I get our shoes on, thank god for that! "Do we have to walk?" Livvys asks me as we walk down the street. "Unfortunately we have no car Livvy," I say and we continue walking.

We walk for awhile, passing beautiful houses. Before we finally get to the store, "Okay, what do we want for dinner?" I ask Livvy as I grab a cart. "Hmm, how about spahggattie?" She asks me, "let's check the prices first." I say, and push the cart towards the pasta isle.

I go to turn the isle, and hit another someone making them drop some stuff. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" I say, bending down at my knees, and start  helping them pick their stuff up. I stand back up on my flat feet. And see who I hit. "Carter..." I say akwardly.

I'm not sure if he even wants to still be my friend. Most people don't want to, after they've seen my scars. "Oh hey, CeCe." He says, and scratches the back of his neck, with his free hand while the other hand carries Oreos, Sardines, and Canned cheese.

"Um... Nice food combination." I say, trying to make our encounter less akward. He blushes for some reason, but damn it was hot... No, bad CeCe bad. I can't like him.

"Oh it's"- he gets cut if by a women. She's around my height, short brown hair that goes to her shoulders, she had green eyes, and looked like an older version of Carter. Once I get a good look at her I notice she's wearing a grey maternity shirt, and black stretch pants. She also has a baby bump. That explains the weird food. It's for her not him.

"Carter hurry up- Oh, who's this?" She asks looking at Carter and me. "Mom this is a friend from school, Cecily, and her sister Livvy." Carter says. "Oh, my little Carter's made some friends." She says happy and over cheerful. "And aren't you the most adorable thing!" She says looking at Livvy.

"See you at school," Carter says smiling at me, while walking away. "CeCe, is momma gonna eat dinner with us... Or are we alone again?" Livvy asks me. I sigh, "Livvy... You know mom can't eat with us. She's busy..." I say sadly. "Why's she always busy?" Livvy asks me. I wish I could tell her the truth.

That our mother is an alcoholic, that she hates spending time with the family. but I don't. I have to sugar coat my answer. Can't be harsh or she'll cry." She just has trouble sorting her priorities, You know that." I say.

(A/N tbh, I kinda forgot her age, so I'm gonna say 6, and fix it to that age when I edit it later. And obviously a 6 year old isn't gonna know about her harsh life BC her older sister sheilds it.)

Me and Livvy walk down isles until we reach the cheap off brand pizzas. Honestly the pizzas taste like crap, but it's is the cheapest thing here. We put one nasty frozen pizza into the groceries Cart. "Honey I don't mean to ease drop... But if your mom's not home... You shouldn't have to eat this off brand junk, come eat with my family." A voice says.

I turn around to see Carter's mom was standing there, I bite my lip. She over heard me talking. I really shouldn't take up her offer... How would Carter feel about this? Does he want me there? Was it his idea to propose I eat dinner with his family?

You fool. It shouldn't matter what he thinks... I still look over at Carter, to see him smiling to him self. "That be great." I says, smiling an actual real towards Carter. Livvy smiles too.

•••

I walk inside of Carter's house. It was magnificent. a big green lawn. Freshly cut. There was a stone walk way, going from the long drive way to a garage. Once you entered a medium garage it was packed with boxes. "Sorry, we haven't quite finished unpacking everything yet." Carter says as me, him, and his mother carry grocers inside the house. With Livvy following behind us of course.