Chapter 2

(edited)

Rebecca POV

My goal in high school? To graduate while staying invisible. At least, that was my goal before I bumped – sorry, he bumped into me.

He as in the supposed bad boy of the school. He as in the person who could drop my popularity level to negative from zero. He as in the ass that could have me for dinner. He as in, – you get it, right?

Introducing he as Ethan Zeagers. The bad boy and Captain of the school football team who is additionally known for his extreme good looks and husky charm. FML.

Today, I had a plan. I... was going to hide from Ethan. No, not like a coward. Like a brave girl who fears death. Yeah, that's it.

My first period was hell. And guess what... Ethan was in my class.

I swear, God loves seeing me in trouble.

I sat in the last bench, knowing no one would sit next to me when another girl plopped right down into the empty chair. Guess she didn't hear the rumours...

She was gorgeous with silky hair and bright, heavily lashed eyes. Her outfit was simple yet accentuated her beauty. Rose patterned shorts with a black crop top . I love her fashion taste. It matched mine. Kinda.

Ariel's outfit:

Catching me eyeing her warily, she extended her hand. "Hi, I'm Ariel."

I hesitantly shook it. "Rebecca. I haven't seen you before. Are you new or something?"

She laughed a tingly kind of laugh. "Oh, no! I got transferred because I was failing in my other class."

We chatted freely till the bell rang. I found out that she was a genuinely sweet person and loved fashion trends. We exchanged numbers before leaving and...voila! That's how you make a friend.

The other good thing was that Ethan didn't even look at me. Was that a good or a bad thing? I don't know.

Before we left the classroom, our teacher announced, "Kids, we have a project coming up. The details and your partners name are out up on the softboard. Check it out and start working."

He left soon after that as did we. I just hoped I had a good partner. But knowing God...

           *************

At lunch, I searched for an empty seat and not finding any was about to head to the school park when I heard someone calling me.

"Hey, Rebbecca! Over here!"

Turning around, I saw it was Ariel. She was sitting with three guys and two girls.

"Come on. Sit with us."

Sighing, I lifted my tray and headed over to them.

"Hi. I'm Rebecca. Ariel here met me in first period."

Ariel grinned. "Yup! She's my new friend."

The boy next to Ariel was Dylan. He had dirty blonde hair and bright blue eyes. He was hot in a surfer-dude way.

Luke was the guy talking to his girlfriend, Andrea. He had blonde hair and light brown eyes. The third boy was Julian. He didn't look up when he was introduced. So rude...

The fourth girl was Angell. She was pretty in a demure kind of way.

Suddenly feeling someone staring at me, I turned around, only to find Ethan looking at me from the popular table. He caught me staring back and looked away.

Ethan's POV

It was a wonder that I hadn't seen her before. The girl whom I had crashed into was in my class, looking amazing as she sat leaning on one hand and staring out the window.

I know I sound stalkerish but there was something about her that made me wish that she was my friend. Or something even closer.

A few minutes after, I saw her talking to Ariel who was sitting next to her. Both of them apparently looked like fast friends. A few times, I saw her glancing at me but was careful not to let her see me. The morning incident must have made her mad and I had kept thinking about it.

How beautiful she look all fired up and angry.

Normally, all girls just threw themselves on me, having no dignity but she was different. The good type of different, of course.

I just couldn't keep my eyes off her.

Rebecca's Outfit: