Chapter 9

(edited)

Ethan's POV

The next morning, I woke up, dressed and went to sit at the breakfast table.

My Mom gave me a 'good morning' smile and asked, "Ethan, why are you smiling so much? It looks unnatural on you."

It was then that I realized I was grinning like an idiot.

"Um...No, nothing, Mom." I can't even lie properly.

"Okay, Ethan, whatever helps you sleep at night. Tell me about the girl, though, when you can."

She said that and left, leaving me with a shocked and dazed expression.

What?! How did she know it's because of a girl? Mom power? Most probably, I guess. I'll obviously tell my Mom when I'm ready, though.

Quickly eating my breakfast, I left the dishes in the sink and hurried to my car. In a few minutes, I had reached school. I parked my car and got out, noticing Rebecca standing near a pole with a sad expression on her face.

I wanted to go and ask her whats wrong but I knew she didn't want to make our relationship public. So, I instead, I stayed away from her and just watched from afar. After sometime of curiosity, I fished out my phone to text her only for it to be snatched by somebody. I looked up to see Katherine standing in front of me with a wicked smirk on her face which instantly turned to a seductive one when I looked at her.

"Why did you take my phone, Katherine? Give it back to me!" I was pissed. Katherine had the ability to make me mad just by showing her face.

"Aww, baby. Spend some time with your girlfriend."

"You are not my girlfriend."

"But that's not what the school thinks so let's give them a show." She came closer to me, puckering her lips but I moved away in time, making her kiss the tree behind me.

"And about the thing that the school thinks we are dating..." I paused and stood on top of the raised area in the parking lot. By now, almost everybody had arrived, so everyone I knew was in the crowd, including Rebecca and my friends.

I cleared my throat and shouted.

"HEY GUYS! ETHAN HERE. JUST TO BRING TO YOUR ATTENTION, I AM NOT DATING THIS GIRL-" I pointed at Katherine, who was staring at me with wide eyes. "WE BROKE UP THREE YEARS AGO WHEN SHE CHEATED ON ME. WE HAVE NOTHING GOING ON BETWEEN US. THANKYOU FOR YOUR TIME AND PATIENCE."

I then got down from the podium with a satisfied smile on my face. Katherine's expression was priceless. Some people were shrugging while others were just whispering to friends and sharing shocked expressions.

Apparently, a lot of people really did not know that we were not dating.

Looking at Rebecca, I could see that she was happy now and it made me proud that I could make her happy without even going near her. But the question still remained. Why had she been sad?

Rebecca's POV

When I reached the school, I felt someone walking behind me. The sound of heels on the pavement was very irritating and just when I was going to walk faster to escape the noise, someone blocked my way.

Looking up, it was none other than our schools Queen Bee. She had a look of disgust on her face as she inspected my clothing. I tried to push past her but she pushed me back roughly. When I looked around, I saw that her fake bimbos were making a circle around me.

She had trapped me.

"What the hell do you think of yourself, you whore!" She screeched in my ears, making me cover them because of the screechiness of her tone.

I raised my eyebrows in confusion, not knowing what she was talking about.

She rolled her eyes and said, "Stop stealing other people's boyfriends. I'm warning you, don't go near Ethan. He is just using you, so don't get too cozy with him, you understand, man stealing, ugly piece of shit!"

Ouch! That one hurt real bad.

But, was Ethan using me?

Nah, he won't.

But, he can. After all, he is a playboy.

Urgghh, I was so confused and sad. I know I shouldn't believe what she said but it still hurt me.

I didn't realize Ethan had arrived, till I heard him clear is throat and announce that he and Katherine are not a thing. That lifted my mood. I then saw him looking at with a smile on his face. He winked at me and then left for his class.  

GUYS I DIDN'T GET ANY COMMENTS YET, PLEASE DO COMMMENT I WOULD LOVE TO READ YOUR REVIEWS.

CONTINUE READING AND VOTING, EVERY BIT OF LOVE FROM YOU GUYS IS A TREASURE.