Chapter 4

(edited)

Rebecca's POV

I reached the parking lot just in time to see Ariel walking about to walk away from my car. Hurrying up a bit, I jogged lightly towards her and caught her shoulder.

"Hey, Ariel! Where are you going? Did you want something?"

She turned around and smiled. "Oh... Where were you? I've been waiting for so long. I came here to invite you to Dylan's party. It's on this Saturday so we can go together, 'kay?"

I shrugged. "I don't know..."

She joined our hands and squeezed. "C'mon, it'll be fun! I can come to your house and we both can dress up together and do the girly stuff and directly go from there."

My eyebrows arched. She planned all this already?

"Ari, I'm not a party person." I gave an embarrassed smile. "In fact, I've never been to a party before..."

Her face showed her surprise before she immediately covered it up with a sincere smile. "That's okay, girl! You're with me now so there's a first time for everything! Okay? Bye!"

Not giving me a chance to answer, she quickly turned and almost ran away. As she left, I prayed she'd stick with me throughout the party. If anything happened, I wasn't going down alone. She was coming with me.

Shaking my head, I sighed and walked back towards my car.

In a few minutes, I was back- safe and sound -at home. Even though I wanted to rest, I had to change clothes and take a shower, which I did, grumbling all the way.

Just as I was going to take a nap, however, my phone started vibrating. Groaning, I reached out my hand and picked up the annoying device. It was a message from an unknown number.

Hey. –E

I blinked up at the screen. Did I know someone called E? Someone whose name started with E? After a few seconds of thinking, it finally dawned on me that I didn't know anyone with that letter. Never having previously gotten a random message like this, I was naturally scared. But the second message cleared things up.

It's Ethan. You're coming for Dylan's party, right?

So...it wasn't a creepy stalker at all. Wait... Actually...

Firstly, how did you get my number? Secondly, how do you know about me going to the party? Are you stalking me?

A little birdie told me. –E

I scowled. What kind of bird went around gossiping? The moment I get my hands on that bird...

My murderous thoughts were interrupted by another vibration.

See you at the party, then! I'll be waiting. Wear something sexy for me, okay? ;) –E

His last line took me by surprise. What the hell? Why would I wear something for him?

I didn't deign it with an answer, simply texting a 'bye' and throwing the phone aside. Covering my face with my hands, I closed my eyes. The bad playboy was going to wait for me at the party. Ethan Zeagers, the guy I wanted to avoid was going to be at the party. Waiting for me.

I am so excited. Note the sarcasm.

But nevertheless, I couldn't deny that when he texted me that, my heart skipped a beat.

I buried my head in my pillow and screamed. I was in deep trouble.

*****

Saturday