Chapter 20

(edited)

Rebecca's POV

It seemed like we were going to someplace quite. I did want to ask him where we were going but left that cause I knew that he wouldn't tell me. 

After a 25 minutes ride we reached our destination. It looked like a huge store room. When I entered I saw that the room was pitch dark and there was a spotlight in the center of the room

"Birdie, may I have to honor of dancing with you?" 

I put my hand in his. "Yes, you may. But there is no music!" 

He didn't say anything. All he did was pull me towards that center spotlight. We got into our position and before I could remind him again about the music I saw a light flick on. When I turned around, I saw Ed Sheeran standing there with a guitar on a stage with a microphone. I was so shocked that I couldn't believe my eyes. My favorite singer/my first celebrity crush...is right in front of me! Aaaaaaghh.

"You can believe your eyes, birdie. It's all true."  

And then Ed Sheeran started singing 'Photograph'.

We danced our heart out during the whole song, just looking into each other's eyes. This moment was the best and something worth treasuring. After the song was over, the stage lights were off again and the center spotlight where we were standing was the only one on. 

Ethan got down on one knee and took out a heart shaped box. When he opened it there was a pop up with something written on it, 'Prom?'

That's when the snow like substance and flowers started falling on us with a light music being played in the background. 

I was tearing up so badly. I never had anyone do something so special for me. I felt like I was on top of the world at the moment and also the luckiest girl to have such an amazing boyfriend.

"Yes...yes...a million times yes!" 

He got up and lifted me with a spin. 

It was almost 11 so we decided to leave. I got an autograph and a picture with Ed Sheeran. This was by far the most amazing day of my life. 

**********************

The graduation day came faster than anticipated. I was going through a nervous breakdown as I had to speak in front of all students and parents. If I faltered, then the humiliation I would have to face was something I couldn't imagine now. Ethan was right next to me, assuring me that I will do more than amazing. His words did comfort me.

After the principle spoke, he called me to give my speech. I took slow steps towards the microphone, gathering up as much confidence as possible. 

*********************

After my 8 min speech, everyone got up from their seats and started clapping. My friends were calling out my name and Ethan was screaming, "THAT'S MY GIRLFRIEND!"

The rest of the ceremony was filled with receiving the diploma and eating and clicking pictures.
I had spoken with Ethan's parents. We clicked pictures. 

In the evening after the ceremony got over, I decided to head to that place which I didn't go that often these past few weeks. I dressed up and bought white lilies. I got into my car and drove to my destination.

I reached the place I wanted to go. I'm front of me was a huge board.

High Line Cemetery

After passing through a lot of tombstones, I reached the two tombstones situated in the far end, near the bleeding heart plant.

Bleeding heart plant