Chapter 7

(edited)

Ethan's POV

"Dude, sup? You're always lost in thought nowadays." I heard my best friend, Brad ask me.

Brad Thorn 

"Nothing, bro

"Nothing, bro. Just..." Brad actually knows everything about me. We had been like brothers from first grade. He had always been there for me when I needed him just as I had been there for him whenever he called for me. On the other hand, I had found out that my younger sister had a huge crush on him. Yes, I have a sister. Her name's Emma and she's one year younger than me.  

Emma Zeagers

"I know there's something

"I know there's something. We haven't been friends all these years for nothing, you know. It's a girl isn't it?" He cocked an eyebrow, smirking.

"O-of course not. I think of other things than girls." My reply might have been a little too quick for him because he chuckled and left, giving me an I-don't-believe-you look as he went.

Suddenly, I remembered that I had left my folder in my previous class. turning around, I rushed to get it, in the process crashing into a girl. Coincidentally, the one girl I couldn't stop thinking about. Rebecca.

"H-hi, Ethan." She stuttered, clutching her books tighter to her chest.

I smiled. "Hi, birdie."

She looked extremely cute when she blushed, like she was right now. Maybe she was thinking about the kiss we had shared. While I didn't consider myself the 'checking out' type guy, my eyes automatically roamed her body, finding her beautiful even without all that glitz and glamour normal girls wore. Especially, the makeup. She was one of the few girls who looked better without makeup than with. My eyes ultimately landed on her lips, instantly giving me a flashback of how soft they were and how I wanted to kiss them till they were all puffed up and red.

"How are you?"

She looked up and smiled. "I'm fine. You?"

"What do you think? Listen...um...if you're free, um..." Shit, why was I so nervous? "Can we hang out today?"