38.

I wasted no time at all. I quickly slipped on some clothes before pushing Dillon out of my way. I sprinted after Theo and even stubbed my toe on an innocent dining room chair. It didn't matter though because I kept going.

The basement door was swung wide open instantly leading me to Theo's current location. My feet carried me down the creaky steps as fast as they could and I stopped at the bottom. I could see Theo from here. He was hurriedly packing his belongings with Gracie at his feet.

She was begging him to play by jumping up on his leg but he just continued to stuff things into his bag and ignore her. He went to the bathroom and walked back with his toothbrush, toothpaste, and shower things before shoving them into the bag as well.

I cautiously stepped closer to the scene in front of me and made sure to keep quiet. Theo's back was to me and that gave me somewhat of an advantage on an unexpected appearance.

Well an advantage until Gracie took notice of me. Her cute little barks sounded and Theo whipped around to see me.

"What do you want, Amaya?" He didn't sound angry like I thought he would. He sounded more sad than anything.

"Theo, you have to know that I didn't-"

"Don't worry about it. I'm just going to head back. I'll even take Gracie with me so you can have as much time with Dill pickle as you need. Without me being around you two don't have to sneak around."

Wait a second. Was he freaking serious?! He thinks I cheated on him with Dillon?!

I scoffed just thinking about that ridiculousness.

"Have something to say?" He asked.

"What the hell is the matter with you? You really think I'd cheat on you?"

"Well I didn't yesterday because I thought you were a decent person, but I guess the temptation to have Dillon came a rolling on back, didn't it?" His tone was beginning to rise in anger.

"Just listen to me. I would never ever cheat on you. You need to-"

"Need to what? Listen to you? Believe you? Why?"

"Yes. Listen to me. Believe me because you trust me. And I trust you. Why would I lie to you and take the chance of losing the best thing that's ever happened to me? You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. You keep me safe, you're kind and sweet, you care about me, and you love me like I love you. We've been through so much and you're going to fall into Dillon's trap and let him ruin everything?" I asked feeling tears start to well up in my eyes.

Theo sigh and I watched as he set down the t-shirt he was packing before taking a seat on the bed. I crossed my arms and sniffled as I tried to keep from crying.

Theo unexpectedly got up from the bed and wrapped his arms around me before pulling me closer. He held me for awhile without saying a word. I felt his lips kiss the top of my head before setting his chin there.

"I'm so sorry, princess. I didn't want to cause you pain, but now I have."

"It's okay. Don't worry about it, Theo." I felt a tear escape and travel onto his shirt.

"No it's not okay. I'm such an asshole. People have destroyed my trust so much that I questioned you. You...the most trustworthy person I know."

"You've been hurt, Theo. I understand. I'm here to help you through it. Before, you might not have known who to trust, but always know that you can always trust me. I won't ever lie to you Theo. I love you."