50.

I had been right about the beautiful natural lighting of this room. The tall and glamorous windows seemed to do nothing but capture the best light of the day break just for me. But in this moment I wish it was still dark out, since the brightness seemed to only increase my want to fall back asleep. The comfy and inviting blankets didn't help either.

It had been a long, and tense night. With all the extravagant meal courses that Theo's mother insisted on, the dinner felt like it lasted an eternity, but the drag night thankfully didn't end there.

I wound up heading to bed around midnight. Delicately taking my expensive clothes off took another ten minutes, out of fear of ripping them. My makeup and nightly routine took another twenty.

But after I pulled on my pajamas and slid under the covers, I was out like a light. I fell asleep as soon as humanly possible with full memory of all the good and the bad that had happened last night.

***

My grip on Theo's arm only tightened as we descended the staircase. Slightly out of fear of chaotically tripping over my high heels before tumbling down the million steps below. But mostly out of dread of what tragic scene laid ahead of us.

I let out of breath that I hadn't even noticed I was holding, and loosen my hold on Theo's expensive suit sleeve. I can already see the wrinkles I had creased into the previously smooth fabric and an immediate feel of guilt settles on my conscious.

As if on cue, Theo glanced down and notices the now crumpled cloth covering his arm. This only enhances my feeling of mortification and I wish I could just retreat to my room.

I extend my opposite hand to attempt to fix and smooth out the mistake only I had caused, but Theo immediately halts my action and holds my fingers in his palm.

"Don't worry about it." I hear his tender words roll of his tongue before bringing my hand up to his lips and placing a soft kiss on my skin. I take a deep breath and release it before glancing up at him through my now thick and unfortunately false lashes.

"I'm so nervous." I admit.

"I know you are, but you'll be fine. Just follow my lead, okay?" He looked down to me waiting for my answer.

"Okay," I breathe out nervously. "I'm ready if you are."

I was the exact opposite of ready, but might as well get the worst dinner in the history of dinners over with, right?

I knew that the double French doors blocked us from a hellish experience that would most likely ensue after we opened them. But to calm my jittery nerves I let out a shaky sigh, and tried to slap an easy going smile on my face.

"Let's get this over with." Theo said before giving my hand a reassuring squeeze.

I simply nodded in agreement and held tightly onto him war-ready.

Before I could run to my room to hide, Theo twisted the door handles and the grand doors opened.

While we walked to our designated seats, I stared in awe at the room that resembled the inside of a castle.

The floor was a pure white and gray swirled marble that just screamed elegance. The walls were painted a deep charcoal with chalky, clean trimmings. There were two tall, classic cabinets placed at either end of the room. One was accommodated with what I'm assuming was the finest china, while the other was filled with bottles of various liqours.

In the direct center, laid a long bone white table with a glossy finish. The legs were monstrous and was detailed to perfection. The tabletop was surrounded by 8 chicly trimmed and cushioned chairs. Only two of the eight had arms, like a pair of thrones, one on each end, as if only royalty could sit there.