41.

Amaya's POV:

After the four hour wait we quickly made our way out of the hospital. Theo had to get to the field and start preparing for the game. But it being one in the afternoon already meant that he was already late. The game would start at 7pm, but Theo was always at least 6 hours early.

Their coach preferred it this way actually. This way they could warm up, get dressed, do interviews, and overall just be ready for the big game.

Since our apartment was completely out of the way, Theo insisted on taking me with him. I tried to convince him to let me just get an Uber, but he wouldn't budge. He said it was about time I met the guys anyways.

As we pulled into the specified parking for players I saw other tall, muscled guys running into the locker room...if you can even call it that. The place was huge. According to Theo, this is where they housed the locker room, a workout gym, locker room showers and everything else a team may need.

It was so big, and I already began to feel intimidated. I've never met any of these people before and I was becoming more nervous by the second. Now that I think of it, I'd never met any of Theo's friends.

"Hey, Theo?" I asked him as he was shoving stuff into a Nike duffle.

"What's up?" He responded getting ready to open the door.

"Why haven't I ever met any of your friends?" I questioned before I saw him sigh and set his bag down in his lap. "I'm not trying to be all crazy and whiney because I've never met them, but it's just odd. You're an important college football player, so you have to be popular. But I've never seen you hang out with any friends or anything."

"Well I don't really have any close friends. I tried to get rid of any bad influences from my life lately, but I do have a few buddies that are on the team." He admitted.

"I think you should start hanging out with some of them or something. You can't spend all your time with me and then on the football field. That's gotta be unhealthy. Maybe...I don't know I can't remember much from my psychology classes because they put me to sleep." I said while remember me almost falling into a deep slumber during our last class. I need to work on that.

"What are you talking about? I go to class which is plenty of time with people and there's also another lovely lady in my life." He smirked slyly.

"Excuse me. Could you please repeat that last sentence again?" I held my ear out to listen.

"Uh..." He paused as if he was in deep thought. "I go to class-"

"Nope. Just the last part.?"

"Life?"

"You know what I mean, Theo."

"Oh! You mean when I said 'there's also a lovely lady in my life'?" He questioned with a grin plastered to his face.

"Yes! What are you talking about??" I rolled my eyes.

"She's so cute, adorable," I felt my jealousy piling up by the second. "...and fluffy." He said dreamily.

I sighed and narrowed my eyes at him. "You're talking about Gracie, aren't you?"

"I'm talking about Gracie." He chuckled. "Somebody got jealous real quick."

"Of course I did. You could have any girl and you go for me? Of course I'm going to be nervous and scared that you'll find someone better." I said annoyed before I crossed my arms.

I turned my head towards my window so he couldn't see that tears were beginning to form in the corners of my eyes. Why was I even crying?? Gosh. Being in a relationship makes you so emotional...or maybe my period's just almost here.