Mirage

Flash Fiction by Amit Muchhala

Should I say, it was a memory, a dream or a wish!? Like my ordinary days, I went to my bed and quickly fell asleep. So engrossed in a profound state of sleep and with a very peaceful state of mind, I was actually enjoying it. But what happened to me then, it's kind of unexplainable in words. My body pale and blue, it felt like many waves of chills were hitting my nerve impulses, taking me to another world. The world with a pinch of reality collided with my imagination. It was like a journey to me. Should I call that a dream or a spell which took me with it? I was sitting in a garden, legs crossed, deep down wandering in my thoughts, finding solutions for many problems of mine. The chilled breeze and sort of emptiness was a calm situation overall. But my mind wasn't stable, it was not as calm that I wanted it to be. I was engrossed in my thoughts and heard some approaching footsteps, she came and sat beside me. Her body was radiating a sort of positivity, hearing me so calmly like no other could do. I poured myself into her. This process repeated for a couple of days, those talks made us become best friends.

We used to meet in the garden on a daily basis from that day. One beautiful day I rested on her lap, and she caressed me by moving her hands through my head. I don't know what the spell was, I was bonded to something which she holds within her. As her fingers touched my head, it felt like my worries, my stress, evaporated out. Like no single person existed, like no other world. The feeling which one can imagine getting in heaven, it was sort of that. The same feeling hit me when I used to be with my mom. She used to vanish my worries within a fraction of the time. Now at this point, I need someone who can do the same, and I don't need to get stuck in my worries.