Together Again

Rory and Logan slept blissfully wrapped in each other's arms all night. When they awoke the next day, Logan smiled to himself as he remembered the actions and words from the night before. There had been a definite shift, finally one in the right direction. He felt Rory stirring next to him and so he leaned in to kiss her but she quickly put her hand over her mouth and pushed him away.

"Eww don't, I've got morning breath," she said hiding her face from him.

"Ace, I've waited a really long time to get to kiss you in bed again, a little thing like morning breath is not going to put me off now is it" he laughed.

"No, no, no, can't do it," Rory said as she jumped out of his bed.

Logan threw himself back down on the pillow and laughed as she rushed off to brush her teeth.

"Now I am ready!" she said as she climbed back into bed and leaned in towards him.

"Ready for what?" Logan said as he pulled her back into his arms.

"In Omnia Paratus" she winked.

---

"I'm just going to go grab a shower. Can you sort breakfast for Lily?" Rory asked as she got out of bed for the second time that morning. It had been a long time since she'd received a 'good morning' like that and she was now all hot and sweaty, not that she would complain about it too much, she had enjoyed every minute of getting herself into that state.

"Sure. Where are you going?" Logan asked her as she walked out of the room.

"To my bathroom..." she pointed.

"You know, we could share a bathroom. I mean, we already know that you like my bed. What do you say Ace?" Logan decided as things were going well, he might just push his luck a little further.

"No," Rory said as she folded her arms.

"No?" Logan looked at Rory confused.

"My bedroom and bathroom are way bigger than yours, if we're going to share, you're moving into mine" she winked as she left the room.

Logan watched Rory leave. Finally, everything he had ever wanted was coming together for him. He thought over the events of the past twelve hours and couldn't believe that it actually appeared like they were finally on the same page. Sure, they still needed to have an actual conversation about a few things but so far, so good.

Rory stood under the warm water and let it trickle over her soothingly. She couldn't help but think that her life had changed dramatically since yesterday, though for the first time, she really wasn't scared of anything that might lie ahead. She had listened when Logan had said that there was no going back and that they had to move forward and she agreed with him. It had taken her a long time to admit it to herself but this is what she wanted. It is what she had dreamed about ever since they walked away from each other at her graduation.

---

Rory came down from the shower to find Lily all fed and playing on the floor happily with her toys. She walked over to the kitchen counter to pour herself a coffee. Logan came up behind her and slipped his arms around her waist. She smiled and leant back into him while he kissed her and nuzzled into her neck.

"So originally I had been planning to take you out tonight but I thought maybe it would be nicer to stay in and watch a movie or something."

"Oh you did, did you?" Rory smiled and raised an eyebrow.

"I mean get a nice take-out, a bottle of wine..." Logan laughed.

"Yeah that sounds nice," she said. "I'd like that. I'm going to go to take Lily to Stars Hollow to see my mom for a bit, but I'll be back later..." she trailed off as she wondered whether she should be inviting Logan to come along or not. "I mean...you're welcome to come if you want, not that you have to but..." Rory inwardly cursed herself for rambling.