Night Like No Other

Steph was kind of right about Logan, which didn't surprise Rory one iota as out of everyone in their group, she had known him the longest. While they weren't exactly back to tearing each other's clothes off, things had slowly improved with them over the past few weeks and they were pretty much back to normal, existing in a busy world of work, parenting, studying and wedding plans. Some days they felt like ships that passed in the night but at least they were back in a good place again.

Rory had spent enough time thinking over what had been said, both by Logan and by Lane. If she was honest, she was able to see all sides of the argument. Logan was right, it would be really nice for Lily to have a sibling and there was never the right time to have a baby. Lane was right in saying that sometimes you have to adjust your expectations and that your dreams change as your life does but Rory also felt that she was right in saying that she wanted to establish her career first.

While she had been mulling things over she'd had to ask herself some difficult questions. How much time would she give to establishing a career? What if it didn't work out? How long did she actually want to wait to have another baby?

The downside of them never really discussing the issue in great detail was that it still felt like there were a lot of things unsaid, and while they seemed to have been able to push it all to one side, which was somewhat of a relief to Rory, she was very away that things hadn't been resolved. She knew at some point the conversation would come to a head again, but as she was still trying to work out her feelings about it all, she was grateful that Logan, for now, had dropped the issue.

Before they knew it, the bachelor and bachelorette parties were upon them. Rory had insisted on them being held a few weeks before the wedding as she didn't want any drunken accidents or unfortunate bruises spoiling their wedding photos – and that wasn't just about her and Logan, but the whole group of friends had been warned to be on their best behaviour and save the broken limbs and black eyes until the happy couple were safely on their honeymoon.

As had been discussed amongst the friends, the bachelor and bachelorette parties were going to start off separately and Finn had later arranged for them to have VIP entry into a super exclusive club towards the end of the night. Sometimes his working within the entertainments industry came in very handy.

Even though Rory hadn't been fully engaged during their shopping trip, it had in fact been quite successful. Steph had convinced Rory to go all out for the night, and step right out of her comfort zone. Taking her friend's advice she had chosen a gorgeous short black fit and flare dress which featured a keyhole slit halter neckline and a cut-out back with lace panels. It was completely different from anything she owned and was incredibly sexy, flirty and fun.

The girls spent the first half of their night having dinner at an incredibly upscale restaurant before heading to the rooftop terrace where they sipped cocktails and danced under the stars to their favorite songs. Meanwhile, the boys concentrated on doing what they always did best – gambling away money at the casino. The night sped by while the girls were enjoying themselves and before they knew it, it was time to leave for the club and meet the boys. Finn had kindly arranged for a limo to collect them and they all piled in, sipping champagne in the back seats.

The club that Finn had arranged for them to go to, Provocateur, was pretty much the hardest place to get into in New York City. For a long time, it had been the place to be seen and the club was a regular haunt for a very sophisticated crowd that included the likes of models, celebrities and the very rich. It was a swanky hotel nightclub that attracted top DJs and in the summer the club's huge glass ceiling fully retracted. The club was dimly lit, with an indulgent purple and black color scheme. It was the kind of place that once you slid past the velvet ropes, you could easily blow your entire paycheck on a few rounds at the bar, but the people that partied at a club like this, were the kind of people that definitely had the budget to blow a few thousand dollars and not think too much of it.