Chapter 5: Waking Up

The sun shone through my windows and I opened my eyes, the pounding headache still faintly there. I looked around and saw Mr. Robin sitting in a chair near the bed and looking at me.

"Sir? What happened?"

"Well, you drank too much again and I got your address from a co-worker and brought you home" he explained

"Why did you stay?"

"You were having a nightmare and you wanted me to stay and made me promise you that I wouldn't leave you" 

"I-I asked you to stay?"

"Yes you did" [Oh my goodness] 

"I-I'm so sorry that you went through all that trouble"

"It's alright June, anyways why don't you get dressed and I'll take you out to eat lunch"

"Sure thing"

I get out of bed and take a much needed shower before changing into an *olive green romper and nude colored wedges. I open my bedroom door and walk to the kitchen.

"The romper looks nice on you, ready to head out?" he said

"Yep, I'm ready"

We took a taxi to this French cafe called Mon Amour and ordered their daily special which was cesar salad and smoked salmon sandwiches. After lunch, we decided to take a stroll in the park and saw a flyer for a grand opening for a theme park. 

"Hey June lets go take a look at this new theme park"

"Does this theme park have scary roller coasters?"

"Um...let me look..yes it does. Supposedly it has some of the fastest and tallest rides and it even includes a haunted house"

"Uh you know, that sounds fun and all but I'm um...I need to finish writing the merger agreement"

"What do you mean? You handed me the merger agreement yesterday morning and its already been approved. What's your real excuse for not wanting to go?"

"Um...well...I'm scared of heights"

"You have acrophobia? Well now's the perfect time to face your fear"

"B-but, *sighs* alright I'll give it a go"

Since the grand opening was about 10 minutes away from the park, we walked there and I was dreading the roller coasters. When we arrived, the theme park was not too crowded which was nice because the lines weren't too long. 

"Which one do you want go on first?" he asked

[Personally none of them, but if this helps me get rid of my fear then why not]  "How about that one over there? The one with the steep plunge and loops?"

"Sure"

We were waiting in line when the family in front of us decides to skip because their son was crying about how scary the ride looked. Soon it was our turn.

"Ready June?"

"Oh yeah sure" I said hesitantly

The attendants put down the car and reminded everyone to keep their body inside the cart at all times. Then the ride started, at first I thought it wouldn't be that bad, but then it started going downhill--literally. 

"AHHHH OMG, HOLY MOTHER Of GOD. "

"Hahaha June you're going to be fine; here just hold on to my hand" 

I held onto to his hand the whole time and I squeezed his hand so hard, I think I might've cut off his circulation temporarily. But thank goodness the ride ended because I was about to lose my lunch.