Chapter 7: The Flutter Afterwards

Every time I close my eyes, I think of our unexpected kiss and how it made me feel. That kiss is what kept me awake at night, tossing and turning. The next morning, I woke up exhausted, I splashed some water on my face hoping to wake myself up and look refreshed.

I slipped on a blue ruffled dress and turquoise colored triangle earrings, and walked out of my room, still lost in thought. I didn't notice the figure that was standing there as I turned the corner.

"Oompf, I'm sorry sir are you alright?"

"Yes I'm fine, you look lost in thought, what's running through your head?"

"Oh its nothing, I'm fine"

"Alright, anyways there's a company retreat today and we're all going hiking, you want to come?"

"Sure, it'd be nice to get out of the house"

"Okay be ready in 10"

I went to my room and changed into a black open back tank and gray mesh insert leggings and grabbed my water bottle.

"Okay I'm ready"

"Let's go"

We drove all the way to Songnisan, and along the highway the scenery was just absolutely stunning. Red and green leaves clashed with each other while also aesthetically pleasing.
We finally arrived at the hiking spot and started our ascent. I didn't know most of the people from our department, only Robin and the birthday girl. The informational sign said the hike would take about 4 hours and to be weary of slippery roads.
The climb up was so breathtaking and there wasn't a lot of foot traffic. We stopped and took a break about an hour into the climb and rested near a stream. Whew! I was tired already...I really need to exercise more often...my goodness...so tired...
I stood up to stretch my legs and arms and when I turned around, I came face to face with Robin. I was so surprised that I took a step backwards and slipped on some rocks covered with moss and fell right into the stream. I heard the other hikers laughing at my fall.
"June are you okay?" he said, pulling me out of the stream.
"Um...my bottom is a little sore and now my tank is a little see through and that stream is cold as hell but other than that I'm completely fine"
He wrapped his jacket around my shoulders and rubbed my arms to keep me warm.
THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP
Is this what love is?

"Imagination is more important than knowledge.  Knowledge is limited; imagination encircles the world."
-Einstein

*Sorry this chapter is a little shorter. I promise I'll update after summer vacation starts!
(^ω^)