[Fourteen]

BEAUTY AND THE DEAN

BEAUTY AND THE DEAN

"And...finished." Melissa beamed as she stood behind her daughter in the mirror, a bottle of hairspray in her hand. "Okay! Open your eyes!"

Alex did as she was told and let her eyes flutter open, smiling at the reflection she was met with in the mirror. Her hair was pulled back to the back of her head with a nice headband, a bow placed perfectly on the side of it.

She wore feather earnings that dangled close to her neck, and a baby pink colored dress that wasn't too puffy, but just enough that it flew around her when she spun around. She debated on wearing heals, but after trying on one pair at the store and nearly twisting her ankle, she decided a pair of white flats would do just fine.

"How do you feel?" Melissa asked with a smile, folding her arms over her chest.

"I-I feel beautiful." Alex said softly, her smile bright as she looked at her reflection in the mirror.

The older woman smiled, placing her hands on her daughter's shoulders and pressing a kiss to her temple. "You are beautiful."

Alex grinned, turning around to face her mother. "Thanks for helping me with this."

"Of course, baby doll! I'm so glad you decided to go." Melissa smiled, tipping her head to the side. "God, I want to hug you so bad, but I don't want to mess up your perfect hair."

Alex giggled, shaking her head. "You can hug me when I get home and get to mess up my hair."

"Mel! Ally! Let's go!" Lorelai's voice rang from the living room.

"Coming!" Melissa called, looking down at her daughter. "You ready?"

Alex grinned, nodding. "Let's do it."

The two females walked into the living room and Lorelai gasped.

"Oh my God, the queen has arrived and I'm totally unprepared!" She joked, making Alex roll her eyes. "You look gorgeous, angel."

"Thanks, Aunt Lore." The blonde grinned. "How's your back? And where's Rory?"

"The back is stiff and Rory is eating a rib in the kitchen." Lorelai said, tipping her head to the side.

"Here, sit up. I'll rub your back for you." Melissa said, helping her little sister into a sitting position so she could prop herself behind her. Having a certified nurse for a mom really came in handy.

"Alright, I have coffee." Jim said as he entered the living room, his eyebrows raising when he saw his daughter. "Wow."

"What do you think?" Alex asked, giving a small spin.