[Fifteen]

CALL ME PONYBOY

CALL ME PONYBOY

Alex bit her lip softly as she picked gently at her freshly painted nails, glancing up at Dean through her dark eyelashes. His eyes were locked on the road, one arm propped up against the window as he used his free hand to steer. She couldn't help but wonder if he was just doing this out of pity. What if he didn't really want to go with her? What if he was just trying to be nice?

"Maybe we should just forget about this." she suddenly blurted, gaining Dean's attention.

"Okay."

"I mean, it's just a dance. What's the big deal, right?"

"Beats me."

"Not only that, but the only people I actually talk to at school is Lane and you. Aside from that I'm a total joke. Have you ever seen The Outsiders?"

"Yeah."

"Just call me Ponyboy." Alex joked, making Dean smile slightly.

"Somehow I find that hard to believe." he raised his eyebrows.

"You're just saying that because you're suppose to."

"No, I'm saying that because I think you're adorable."

"Adorably awkward."

Dean rolled his eyes playfully with a smile. "You're ridiculous."

"Perhaps." Alex joked with a grin, wringing her fingers together gently. "I heard this place is beautiful though. Old and historic."

"Sounds nice."

"Maybe we could go in for just a minute."

"Fine by me."

"Or not..."

"Fine too."

Alex groaned, tipping her head back against the seat. "I don't know. This is so stupid, why can't I decide?" she sighed, looking over at Dean. "What do you think?"

Dean looked over at her, smiling gently. "I think you look amazing."

Alex beamed, turning to look back out the windshield. "Okay, so maybe a few minutes won't hurt."

***

It wasn't long before the two were pulling into the parking lot and walking inside, to which they were immediately greeted by lights, music, and the smell of food drifting through the air.

"Well," Alex began. "This is indeed a very good room."

"Looks historical." Dean agreed.

"I commend the person that suggested this very historical looking location." Alex joked, making Dean smile.

"So, we could just have our picture taken and then leave?" he suggested.

Alex shrugged, wringing her fingers together. "We could."