[Thirty One]

BREAKUP? WHAT BREAKUP?_

_

"Good morning!" Alex chirped as she entered the diner early Sunday morning, hanging her bag up and smiling over at Rachel, who was bustling around behind the counter.

"Morning, Alex." Rachel smiled gently at the girl. "How are you?"

"A little tired, but good. Didn't sleep that great last night. I should really stop eating stuff so late at night." Alex chuckled, tying her apron around her waist and throwing her hair into a ponytail. "How about you?"

"I'm good, thanks." Rachel smiled, biting her lip. "Listen, um, Lorelai told Luke and I about you and Dean and I just wanted to let you know, if you want to talk, I'd be happy to listen."

Alex smiled gently, tipping her head to the side. "I appreciate that. I'm okay though, really. I've done my wallowing, I hosted the most epic pity party every, and I'm ready to start living life again."

Rachel smiled brightly at the younger girl. "I'm glad to hear it. You have a great attitude."

"Eh, I try." Alex shrugged with a soft smile as Luke came down the stairs. "Morning, Luke."

"Morning, kiddo." Luke said, his smile a little too bright. "You sleep okay? Hey, did you eat this morning? We don't open for another hour, I can always whip you something up real quick and-"

"Luke," Alex laughed, shaking her head. "If this is about the breakup, I'm fine."

"Breakup? What breakup? I don't know what-"

"Rachel told me you guys know, Luke."

Luke sighed, tipping his head. "Yeah, yeah, okay." he muttered. "No, but seriously, do I need to kick the kid's ass for you? Because so help me, I will do it."

"No, you won't." Alex said, raising her eyebrows. "Dean didn't do anything wrong, Luke. It's a long story, but trust me when I say, it's not his fault." The blonde said, raising her eyebrows.

"Well, even so, are you alright? Honestly?" Luke asked, raising his eyebrows.

"If I wasn't, I would have called in sick and you know it." Alex said, arching an eyebrow.

"Yeah, alright. Well, hey, if you need anything, you know you can come to me." Luke said with a shrug.

Alex grinned, nodding. "I know. Thanks, old man." she said, tipping her head to the side. She looked up when the diner door opened, smiling at the sight of her aunt and her cousin.

"Good morning." Lorelai chirped, taking a seat at the counter.

"Did you even bother to acknowledge the fact the sign still says closed?" Luke questioned, arching an eyebrow.

"Not really." The woman said, smiling at her niece as she poured the older woman a cup of coffee.

"That doesn't surprise me. Concerns me, but it doesn't surprise me." Alex teased with a smile as she grabbed another mug and poured some coffee into it for her cousin.