[Eighteen]

WHERE FOR ART THOUGH, ROMEO?

_

Alex looked up from her Biology homework when she heard a knock on the doorframe of her bedroom, her eyes meeting her father's green ones.

Jim smiled gently at his daughter. "You got a minute?"

"Yeah, sure." Alex said, sitting up and closing her textbook before crossing her legs underneath her and patting the spot on the bed next to her. "What's up?"

Jim sighed gently as he sat down next to his daughter, looking over at her. "So, I got really mad at you the other day."

The blonde nodded. "Yes, you did. But for good reason."

"Right. Listen, kiddo, I'm sorry for getting so mad."

"You're apologizing to me? Dad, I'm the one who should be apologizing. I came home late -not even late, the next freaking day, I didn't call, I freaked everybody out-"

"It was an accident, Lex." Jim said, raising his eyebrows. "Look, don't get it twisted. You're still grounded for a week, but I just wanted you to know, I know you didn't do anything."

Alex smiled. "Thanks, daddy." she said, wringing her fingers together. "You don't hate Dean, do you?"

Jim raised his eyebrows. "Well..."

"Dad, it wasn't his fault, I swear. He wanted to come with me and explain everything to you guys but I wouldn't let him. He didn't do anything, I promise." the blonde defended.

The older man sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I don't hate him."

"Really?"

"Really. Although, I did imagine 20 different ways to remove his head from his body."

Alex couldn't help but laugh. "Yeah? Which one looked the best?"

"Hedge clippers."

"Really? I would've thought you'd like to beat him to death with your hammer."

"Nah, hedge clippers are more fun. Dull ones, too."

"Well, sure, you don't want it to go quick."

"Exactly."

The two laughed, looking over at the window when they heard a small tap at it. Alex met her father's eyes with her own wide ones, knowing it was Dean.

Jim inhaled sharply. "I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that." he said, getting to his feet and moving towards the door. "Oh, and Lex?"

"Yeah?"

"We have a nice front door. You might want to tell Romeo to use it sometime."

Alex smiled. "Love you, old man."