Chapter 4 - Keeping Her Busy

* Stuart's POV *

"Pat? Why are you not wearing anything on your feet?" I heard a woman asked someone who had just arrived. I actually do not want to care but it bothered me when I saw her barefooted. Seriously! What were she thinking? I do not know what kind of drama she is trying to project but I am not buying it. If she thought that looking pity would help, it won't.

I learned that she was able to complete the task I gave her. This means it would be difficult for me to find faults in her job so I will have enough reason to fire her. She is considered an asset of the bakeshop and was hailed as one of the best. If I am going to fire her for no reason, it might send a wrong signal to the other employees. They might think that the change of administration would endanger their jobs.

I looked at my watch and smiled. I still succeeded even though she completed her task. She may have kept her job but I have also succeeded in keeping her too busy that she could not have a spare time to sneak into my office and flirt with me. All I need to do now is to think of other things that she needs to accomplish.

It is past eight when I finished my coffee. It is too early to go to the bar so I decided to check on my dad at his place. I have not spoken with him since I left two years ago. He did not like my decision but I guess he figured out that he cannot live my life for me. After all, I am his only child and the only heir of the Cordoval Corporation.

The female butler lead me to the bedroom of my father where he greeted me with a priceless smile, "Stuart," my father called.

"I am here, dad," I moved closer and sat near the bed.

"I am so glad to see you, son."

"Me too," I replied.

"Have you seen Patricia?"

"Dad," I sighed, "we talked about this," I could not hide my disappointment when he mentioned her name. He is sick and finds it hard to speak but of all the topics he could choose, he chose to ask about her.

"I am sorry, son. I just can't help but think that if you haven't separated, maybe I already have grandchildren now."

"Dad, you have to accept the fact that Patricia and I are over," I said, "and that it is meant to be that way."

"I am sorry," my dad said sadly, "maybe I just wanted to have grandchildren so much. I am not getting younger, son. All I want is to be able to spend the rest of my days having fun with my grandchildren."

It is not that I don't like children; I liked children. I find them cute and bubbly but I have never imagined having children with Patricia.

"So what have been busy with lately?" my dad tried to change the topic, "besides running our businesses, of course."

"Nothing," I shrugged, "I spent time with my friends when I am done with office responsibilities."

"Hmm," he curled his lips into a smile, "maybe you'd like to watch one of the exclusive shows from this company," he asked his nurse to give me something.

It was a VIP card from a certain Gracieux Performing company. I am not fond of watching these types of shows. I don't need them. I don't need to pay just to watch sexy women dance in front of me. I get them for free.

"It is not what you think it is," my dad said, "just hide it. You might need it someday."

I did not say anything anymore. I don't want to insult him so I did just as he said. I kept the card inside my wallet with the thought that soon it will be forgotten. I knew he'd ask for it in the future so if he will, I'll just search for it in my wallet.