Chapter 11 - What Happened Then: Best Mistake

*Patricia's POV – the flashback*

I have been a spoiled brat my whole life because I am used to getting what I want. As the only child, my parents made sure that I get what I want but I guess I could never get everything that I ever wanted. Stuart will probably the only one that I can never have but I am not yet ready to give up. I remembered Janine's advice, "make sure he gets you pregnant. I have read a lot of Wattpad stories where couples got back together because of the child."

I know this is crazy but I can't think of any other options. If Stuart can never be mine, mothering his child will be the only possible thing I can do. That way, I get to keep something that I know really came from Stuart. Determined to fulfill my plan, I took the divorce papers and rushed to his office. Whether this plan works or not, this will be the last thing I'll ever do to keep him.

Since I know that Stuart may have instructed his secretary not to allow me to get in his office, I decided to barge in without permission. His secretary tried so hard to stop me but it was too late for her. I was already in the office when she caught me.

"Patricia! What are you doing here?" Stuart frowned at me.

"You want me to sign these papers, right?" I tried to compose myself.

"Leave us," he told his secretary before addressing me again, "what do you have in mind now?" he continued as he leaned on his swivel chair.

"I will sign these divorce papers but for one condition," I stopped speaking to check on his reaction.

"I am listening," he leaned his elbows on the table.

"Make love with me. Make me feel that I am your wife, even just for a night," I demanded.

"Are you crazy?!" he stood in surprise.

"Yes, I am!" I tried to soften my voice, "just one night, Stuart, let me feel how it is to be your wife."

There was silence between us but I fervently hoped that he will not turn me down again. I took a deep breath and begged again, "Please, Stuart. Just give me this night and I will never bother you again."

"I'll see you at the condo," I heard him say, "we will do it in the condo."

I nodded at him before leaving the office. I am not sure if this will be something that I should be proud of. The truth is, I do not care. If this is a mistake, this will be my most beautiful mistake. Loving him was my GREATEST but my BEST mistake.

It took me some time to prepare dinner. I planned to begin our night with a romantic candlelight dinner. As soon as I am done, I proceeded to preparing myself. I scrubbed and shaved during shower and then I wore a white knee-length dress. I do not want to overdo my look so I decided to wear light make-up and fixed my hair into a messy bun.

Everything was already set when he finally arrived.

"Let's have dinner first," I invited him.

"No need," he answered coldly, "let's just do what you want and get this over with."

It pains me to know that he wanted to hasten things so he can get rid of me soon. I pressed my lips to keep my tears from falling and then heaved a sigh. Tonight will be my first, I don't want to have a traumatic experience so I decided to offer him a drink to calm him down.

"How about a drink to calm you down," I said as I handed him a glass of wine.

"Patricia," there was frustration in his voice, "let's do it and get over it."