Chapter 8 - What Happened Then: Till It Runs Out

*Patricia's POV – the flashback*

My spirits are high as we headed to our hotel suite. I admit that I anticipated something when we reached our hotel suite. I love Stuart and I can't wait to feel him tonight. I cannot deny the fact that I am both excited and nervous about our first night together. This will be my first time to share a bed with a guy. I have kept myself reserved for him and tonight, I am giving my all to him.

Stuart was silent the whole time but it did not bother me. I do not know what he had in mind but it doesn't matter now. All I care for now is how I can seduce him to fall in love with me. He has given me a year to do that and I do not plan to waste any of that time. I heaved a sigh as I reminded myself that I will start seducing him tonight.

We entered a nice, romantic honeymoon suite. The lights were dim and the bed is big with see-through draperies that reached the floor. The aromatic scent of the room plus the sight of the two wine glasses with a wine on a round table for two added to the romantic mood. The truth is, there was no honeymoon plans after the wedding so I decided to think that this would be a honeymoon. Although my wedding and the honeymoon is not every woman's dream but they do not matter to me. What matters now is I am his wife, thus I can legally call him mine.

I immediately excused myself to go to the shower. Though I am nervous, it is not the main reason why I did it. I simply wanted to start preparing for our first night so I made sure it did not take long for me to finish preparing. I wore a red-laced lingerie and dabbed a little perfume before going out of the bathroom but all my preparations went to waste when I saw him. Stuart was in deep sleep while lying on his stomach on top of our bed. I sighed as I brushed my fingers on his hair. He looked so tired but so calm. I guess I will just have let it pass for tonight.

"One night down," I thought, "three hundred and sixty-four to go."

I decided to change into my regular pajamas before sleeping next to him. I am actually a pajama person than a lingerie fan. Although I modeled lingerie outfits, I am still more comfortable with pajamas. I lied still for almost an hour trying to put myself to sleep but staying in bed with the man of my dreams is really hard. His presence excites me as if he has kept my adrenalin rush at its highest. But nothing can describe how fast my heart beats when I felt him move. I pretended to be asleep because I wanted to know what he'll do while I am asleep.

I heard him talked to someone before leaving the room. I sobbed when he was gone. I just realized that even if he is married to me, he is still avoiding me. I realized that even if we are married, I still do not have his love. I wanted to follow him but I stopped myself. I do not want to give him a reason to consider this marriage a failure. I decided to let it pass and pretend to not know that he left when I'll wake up tomorrow.

10 AM – I stayed awake until this time but Stuart had not returned to our room. Where could he be? Was he with that person he was talking to last night? I wondered who this person is. I wanted to know what made her so great that Stuart could not even let her pass despite being married to me.

____________________________

My eyes were still swollen when he arrived around three in the afternoon. I was crying the whole time he was gone so he cannot blame me if I greeted him with a slap on his face, "You are so insensitive!" I yelled at him, "you could have at least come earlier to respect me as your wife."

I didn't get any reaction from him. He simply walked passed me and headed to the bathroom.

"What?" I followed him, "Aren't you going to say anything?" I continued while stopping him.