Three [Eng]

The next morning, both of Eric's parents had to work, so he and Sara were home alone

The next morning, both of Eric's parents had to work, so he and Sara were home alone. Since he didn't forget to set his alarm, her brother didn't have to be woken up by Sara this time. Still, he was as sleepy and displeased as yesterday. With his pyjama trousers on, he slipped into the kitchen and blinked dozily as the dawning light hit his eyes.

The coffee machine still contained a rest of freshly brewed coffee Eric poured into a mug. In the kitchen cupboard above the machine was the small sugar cane, which the tired boy now took out. The first full spoon of white powder disappeared in the black liquid. A second and even a third one followed.

"That's way too much sugar," Sara complained.

"Well, that's how I like it the most."

The boy stirred the little spoon a few times in a circle so that the crystals dissolved, then he went over to the refrigerator and took out the big opened glass with nut cream. At last, he placed a plate with a roll on the table that he coated with the sweet cream.

"How can you eat all this sweat stuff?" Sara sat opposite the table.

"Like this!" he ate a big piece of the roll and took a sip of the steaming coffee.

"You really need to eat healthier," tried his sister to educate him.

"Could you just let me eat in peace, please!" he squeezed out between two bites.

"I'm just worried about you. A small yogurt with fruits or muesli every now and then won't hurt you."

"Okay", to her surprise the boy stood up and went over to the fridge. However, he didn't take out a yogurt or fruits, but a glass of peas. "I eat some yogurt if you eat the glass of peas"

He pushed it across the table to his sister, who looked at it in disgust.

"Forget it! I don't eat that stuff," she stretched out her tongue.

"There you go. I avoid healthy food and you peas.

"You're terrible. Eat up!"

A victorious smile appeared on Eric's lips as he finished his breakfast in peace.

The siblings even managed to get out of the house in time. They were walking down the street to the bus stop when a loud voice was heard behind them.

"Eric! Eric!"

Because he was curious who was calling him so happy so early, the boy turned around and without expecting it, he saw that Alice was greeting him with a lot of hectic hand movements. A smile appeared on her face as she saw that the boy waited for her.

"Who's that?" asked his sister while Alice ran towards Eric.

"A new classmate," he elucidated his sister.

"I didn't know that we were living so close to each other."

"I think... I like her," said his sister unexpectedly.

"You haven't even met her yet!"

"So what?! I've just decided to do so. She has something I... mhh ...trust about her."

This was his sister, always everything or nothing. If he were to describe her, he would call her a force of nature. The panting girl finally reached the two of them and took a moment to rest to get some air.

"It's such a coincidence that we see each other here."

"Eh... yes, sure."

"That way we can go to school together every morning. And I've already thought it would be strange if I had to go to an unknown class all by myself in the middle of the year."

"Yo- you want to go with me every morning,", Eric was not quite comfortable at the thought of that.

"It's nicer to go together than going alone," said Alice and had herself regenerated. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah, Eric, are you ready?"repeated his sister and stood next to her new friend.

As his sister was pushing him too, Eric started to follow the girl.

"Ask her if she's new in the neighbourhood. I've never seen her in our street before?" asked Sara.

"No, I have no desire to be friends with her!" hissed Eric sharply to his sister.

He always found it strange to talk to his sister in the company of others.

"Hmm?" asked Alice about the muttered noise. "Did you say something?"

"Ehh.. I wanted to ask if- if you moved here recently as I haven't seen you before in our street."

"No, not really, my family has been living here for like forever. The last years I was- eh- gone for a while. I haven't been living at home. Oh, the bus is coming!"

In fact, the school bus just turned into the street and stopped about 50 meters before the waiting children. They all got in.