Chapter 1

In this world, there are those given royal flush and those given shitload of nothing

In this world, there are those given royal flush and those given shitload of nothing. What really matters is how people play the cards they were given.

Me and my brother... well, we were given really shitty cards. It could be worse, I'm sure of that. But as it is, we've just always known that nothing special is waiting for us in our future. I think we are okay with that. I know I am. I'm very okay with who I am, which caused countless sleepless nights for my brother, I'm sure of it. But he's still here, with me, and that's what matters.

I look around me. All these people... They are the lucky ones. Snotty little assholes, thinking they are superior to all mankind. They couldn't be more wrong. Seeing all the kids drinking, dancing, laughing... I want to leave instantly. I hate it here. Why did I come again? Oh, that's right! Wade!

I've lived in this town my whole life. I've seen thousands of kids come and go. I've spent countless evenings just like this one. In the quarry where kids from the local college throw down parties.

My brother and I go to these parties so he can hunt for the drunkest girl he can find. Drunk enough to let him fuck her so he could save money that he usually spends on hookers.

I don't know why he always insists I go with him every time he goes... well anywhere. Maybe it's because he feels like he can watch me this way, like he would change anything. Well, he can't and he won't. Deep down he knows that fact, but whatever helps him sleep at night.

"There you are, Jackie boy!" Wade's hand lands on my shoulder. I look behind me and there he is, next to him a girl, swaying on her feet. His other hand around her is probably the only reason she's still standing, if you can call it that. Her eyes are unfocused and her hair and face look like Wade spent some time with her already, or someone else did. Oh yeah, looks like we got a winner this evening.

"You ready to go?" I ask him, I can't get out of here fast enough.

"I don't think she'll make it to my place before going completely comatose on me. I'll fuck her at your place, it's closer."

"Fuck no!" I don't need a second to think about that. No way I'm cleaning after him and some skank he fucked, the way she looks it wouldn't be only fluids from fucking either. Ugh!

"Why not? You got the room!" Why he sounds so surprised is beyond me. The girl doesn't even look like she knows what's going on around her.

"Just bend her over a car or something. Better hurry up too, she looks ready to throw up, or pass out."

"Not cool, baby brother, not cool! Wait for me here then. You little shit," he mutters the last part and starts to drag the girl away. I can still hear him talking to her. "Come on sugartits, I'll show you my brother's nice truck."

That fucker. "Use the bed, not the cabin! I told you I'm not cleaning anything after this bitch!" I quickly shout after him.

I notice people around me are now looking at me after the shouting as if they weren't the ones making all the fucking noise here.