Surprise

Your P.O.V

A week had finally passed and today wasn't an ordinary day. Today was my birthday and hopefully nothing will ruin my good mood. As I was listening to Ziggy Stardust by David Bowie and finishing up The Labyrinth, I heard a gentle tap on my door.

    "Come on in!" I hollered, and my little half-brother, Jonathon strolled in. He smiled at me as he sat on my windowsill, I couldn't help but smile back. He may be four, but he understood me. Unlike his mother and Mira, he didn't nag at me for even breathing. Behind him, I saw the all too familiar bird fly by and perch himself on a branch. I chuckled as he tilted his head at my brother as Jonathon gawked at the handsome bird.

     Gently, I placed my book down, strolled over to the window, and opened it. "Hey pretty birdie, what are you doing today?" I cooed sweetly, the owl carefully stepped forward. Jonathon began to gently stroke his head, the owl didn't even nip at him. For a predatory animal, it sure wasn't living up to those expectations.

Jareth's P.O.V

It's been a week since I first laid eyes on F/n and honestly, I just keep falling in love with her. She was so compassionate and thoughtful of others. I was shocked when I first realized that she felt sympathy for me, a man portrayed as a "villain." Not only did she see me as someone trying to live up to another's expectations, but also as a man who deserved love. I only knew this due to her staying up late by her opened window and chatting with me as an owl.

      It hurt me to see how Mira and Luanne treated her, they had no respect for such a sweet girl. I want nothing more than for her to be in my kingdom, where she'll get all of the respect she deserves. If I could, I'd send  those two witches to the Bog of Eternal Stench. Despite my hatred for her other family members, Jonathon was a nice chap. It was easy to tell that his parents rarely took care of him and that F/n pretty much raised him.

I looked at F/n, her beautiful smile made my heart melt. I have to reveal myself sometime soon, but when exactly? I shook my pretty little head, the time will come soon enough.

******************

Your P.O.V

Dad and Luanne finally left for the night, not wishing me a happy birthday. Honestly, I didn't expect anything else but that and it wouldn't kill them to say it. As usual, Jonathon and I were stuck with Mira for the night. Thankfully, she stayed in her room.

As Jonathon and I were doing some arts and crafts to keep us busy, my door suddenly slammed open. There stood Mira, she was fuming. "Where'd you put it?" She hissed at me. I fought a grin that was begging to spread across my face. "Put what?" "Don't play dumb, where's my diary?" Jonathon snorted, earning a glare from her. Earlier today, we found her diary, we didn't go through it, but we hid it somewhere.

"It's in the garage," I finally answered, making her screech in rage. Coincidentally it was storming outside, which would make it difficult for her. As she turned to leave, she spotted my new book and grabbed it. I quickly jumped to my feet as she skimmed through the pages. A sneer crawled across her face as she handed me the book.

"What a stupid little book you got there. I bet you have the hots for the Goblin King, a man that doesn't even exist!" she exclaimed. A slight blush crept across my face. I did have a slight crush on him, but he was a fictional character. Mira cackled, she knew that she got me, that little witch. Out of the blue, Jonathon kicked her in the shin.

    "Ouch! You little rat!" She growled as we snickered. Slowly she stepped out of the room and turned her head. "I wish the goblins would come and take you both away, right now," and with a slam of the door, she was gone.

    Everything went eerily quiet as the bedroom lights began to flicker. In a split second the lights were out, thunder was roaring, and I could hear laughter from some small creatures. The window blew open, and immediately the barn owl flew in.

     Jonathon and I slowly looked up, where the owl was supposed to be stood a tall and slender man. He wore a black cloak, tight black pants, heeled black boots, his blonde hair was long and teased, and his dual colored eyes pierced my soul. There was only one man who fit this description, a devilishly handsome king. He was Jareth the Goblin King.

"Hello love, didn't mean to spook you and the young chap," he purred as he pulled a purple drawstring bag out of his pocket. Jonathon hugged me out of pure fear as Jareth chuckled. Out of nowhere he blew a bubble gum pink dust in our faces, making me drowsy. Slowly my vision faded and I drifted off into slumber.