Anxious

Jareth's P.O.V

  A month had finally passed since one of Fione's little companions gave us the invitation to the ball, and F/n definitely was not ecstatic. I couldn't blame her, the ball with all of the Fae was enough, but a castle full of all kinds of magical beings and her being the only mortal? Of course, I've comforted her and assured her that everything will be just fine...hopefully. I haven't talked to any of the other kingdoms in decades, especially Fione's.

I was snapped back into reality as Jonathon hurried towards me, carrying a pesky black tomcat that had been lingering around the castle.
"Can we keep him Jareth? Pretty pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top?" He begged, holding the fairly large cat to his chest as the both gave me puppy dog eyes.
I took a second to inspect the cat as its two golden eyes bored into me, a scar decorating his right eyelid. F/n stood in the doorway, smiling at me and giving me a nod, showing she'd be fine with my decision.
"I don't see why not. Of course we can keep him." I smiled, making him jump up and down with joy. "Do you hear that, Crowley? Jareth said you can stay!" He exclaimed with glee, the tomcat purring and nuzzling his face happily.

Hours later, it's sadly time to get ready for the gathering, time flies when you're in love and having fun. F/n is already in her lovely black velvet gown, which is  absolutely stunning on her. I'm already in my matching black velvet suit, butterflies flying in my stomach at the thought of meeting great friends and rivals. The goblins are watching over Jonathon and Crowley while we're away, hopefully we won't come back to a wreck.

I take F/n's hand as we walk down the castle's steps, the breeze playing with my tailcoat. She smiles as I open the carriage for her, carefully stepping in. I follow her in, shutting the door and getting myself situated as the carriage moves, the castle soon to be out of view.

**********
I know it's very short, but you guys have been waiting for this so I hope you're fine with a short chapter!