Mira

Jareth's P.O.V

A wave of panic struck me like lightning. As soon as I heard the news I had to send the guests home and send out the Goblin army. I couldn't let Mira win, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I had to let F/n and Jonathon go. They both meant a lot to me, especially F/n. I had the goblins quickly hide them in one of the spare bedchambers.

    I sat on the windowsill of my throne room that faced the city. It wasn't hard to spot Mira, who was followed by Hoggle, Ludo, Ambrosius, and Sir Dydimus. I snarled to myself, apparently she was smarter than I thought. Oddly enough she reminded me of Sarah. They both shared the same friends and determination to solve the labyrinth.

    I looked over at the clock, it read thirty minutes after twelve. I ran to the room full of staircases as they came closer to the castle. A lump or anxiety caught in my throat, hoping that my plan would work out in my favor.

Mira's P.O.V

My heart raced as we reached the doors to the Goblin City. I'm going to win his little game, I'm sure of it! We quietly snuck past the sleeping guards and into eerily quiet city. "Something's off about this place.." my stomach began to feel a bit queasy. Suddenly a bunch of javelins popped up out of nowhere.

    They were held by armored goblins, apparently Jareth was aware of our presence. Ambrosius whimpered and cowardly took a few steps back. Unlike his steed, Sir Didymus was yipping, ready to fight them all. "Quick, Ludo! Summon the rocks!" Hoggle ordered as we began to run away.

Ludo stopped by a house and let out his rock summoning howl. The goblins tensed a bit, like this had happened before. Soon enough the gates opened and a bunch of boulders rolled in. Screeching, the goblins ran around in horror. We immediately took the opportunity to run to the castle doors as the boulders dealt with the goblins.

     The throne room was cold and silent, but there was only one way that he could've went. I hugged all of them before I headed for the entrance. I have to face him alone, that's just how the story goes. My stomach dropped as I entered the room, it was full of odd staircases. I looked around until my eyes locked on something, it was F/n. She was standing on a high pedestal, she somewhat looked like a statue.

    I could feel the time ticking away as I climbed multiple staircases, each one leading to more of them. I finally reached a staircase that was nearest to the pedestal, making my body race with adrenaline. With the energy surging through my body, I jumped and landed next to her. I did it, I solved the Labyrinth. I pulled F/n into an embrace, sobbing lightly.

Even though I had done it, everything still felt off. It was almost as if I could feel her growing taller, but that was impossible. I'm taller than F/n by a few inches. I could also feel her curves slimming away, what was going on? I built up the courage to look up, It was him. Jareth chuckled as I pulled away, this isn't fair. "Where are they?"

The setting changed as he paced around me a bit, like a lion surrounding its prey. Instead of the room full of stair cases, we were surrounded by a cloudy galaxy and broken bits of stone. My stomach dropped lower as I saw the clock, 12:55.

"They're safe and sound in the castle," he began as his eyes pierced me, " I've made sure that they're well taken care of." I wanted to slap that grin off of his devious face, but time was short and I don't need another obstacle. "I've solved your stupid Labyrinth, so quit fooling around!" The anger began to boil in my blood, he was playing a game to shorten my time. He clicked his tongue at me and placed a gloved hand on his hip.

"Silly girl, you may have made it to the castle but you're not quite finished," he hissed casually, "I have an offer for you." A crystal appeared in his hand, but it seemed different from the others. "You have no power over me!" The growl escaped my lips, he can't win me over. To my surprise he just grinned even more, showing his somewhat crooked white teeth.

      "You are right about that, but I know someone who does," he raised the crystal closer to my eyes. My cheeks heated up as I saw that familiar long and curly burgundy hair, brown skin, and dark brown eyes. It was my closeted girlfriend Juliana, but how could he have known? "How do you know about her?" I could feel hot tears begin to bubble in the corners of my eyes.

      " That diary of yours holds your deepest and darkest secrets and I happened to read a bit of it," his eyes showed a tiny amount of pity. "She's the love of your life, just like F/n is the love of mine." Instead of his usual cold words, his voice was sincere and soft. He cared about her deeply and most likely loved Jonathon like a son.

"What about my mother and Toby?" I know that Toby would somewhat miss them while my mother would be ecstatic to have them gone. "They'll think that F/n has claimed Jonathon as her son and moved far away, but I'll allow you and Juliana to visit the Underground." I nodded and took the crystal from him.

Suddenly everything became hazy as the crystal spun around in my palm. I could see Jareth along with F/n, Jonathon, Ludo, Didymus, Hoggle, and Ambrosius. I could only smile and wave as they gladly repeated the action. I could feel the warmth of my bed as they slowly faded. A single line buzzed in my head, "It's only forever, not long at all."