Chapter Three: A Proposal

"What? No! We're not doing this!" Hanna argued.

"There's no other choice, Han. Besides, don't you want to know who did this to you?" Mona asked.

"I think that's her point, Mona. None of us want to know!" Aria said, backing Hanna up.

"Exactly!" Emily agreed.

"I think we all know by now that that's a lie. Everytime there was a new A, you guys always were following clues about their identity, until there was the big reveal. How is this any different?" Mona asked.

"Because we were actually being threatened when we wanted to know! But now that we're not in danger, it doesn't matter," Spencer replied.

"I could still be in danger! A.D. shot me, remember?"

"They shot me first, Mona!"

"I think what Mona's trying to say is that A.D.'s game isn't over," Lucas chimed in.

"Why would you say that?" Alison asked.

"Because the game board was about their endgame, right? What was it? What was A.D's reason for doing this? None of you know, right? That's what I thought."

"What's your point?" Ezra asked.

"I think A.D.'s final move is going to happen at your wedding. I think that's what they've been waiting for."

"It makes sense. Ruin one of your guys' happiest days," Toby agreed.

"Are you taking her side?" Spencer asked her boyfriend.

"Only because she's Mona. She was A before, and she knows things that we haven't even thought of."

"I agree with Toby. I think Mona and Lucas are our best shot at ending this once and for all," Caleb agreed.

"Well...it's my wedding day. And Aria's, of course. So I think we're both in. Right?" Ezra asked.

"Of course," Aria said, nodding her head.

"If Caleb thinks it's a good idea, then I think it's a good idea," Hanna said.

"Are you okay with this, Ali?" Emily questioned.

"Yeah. Let's do it," Alison gave in.

"It's down to you, Spence. What do you think?" Mona asked.

Spencer scoffed.

"Seriously?! You all think this a good-?"

Spencer was cut off by a FaceTime request.

"Who is it?" Hanna asked.

Spencer looked up slowly from her phone.

"It's Melissa."

24 Hours Earlier:

Alison and Emily's House:

Emily and Alison walked through the front door of the DiLaurentis-Fields house.

It was dark in the living room, except for the myriad of candles. There were also rose petals on the floor.

"When did all this get here?" Emily asked.

Lucas, Lily, and Grace were no where to be seen.

Alison walked over to the coffee table in front of the couch, and picked up a red box. She walked over to Emily with it, and got down on one knee.