Chapter Eight: A Wedding to Die For

ONE MONTH LATER

It had been a month since Wren was put in jail, and life couldn't be better for the Liars.

After everything that they had been through, the girls decided that it would be best to separate from each other in order to recover.

What better way to reunite than with a wedding.

When people got the new invitation barely days after Wren was arrested, they were surprised and worried, which is why Aria and Ezra did it.

Knowing that Wren could still destroy their lives in an instant, the couple decided to redo their wedding as quickly as possible, and thankfully everything and every service they had ordered understood their situation and were willing to do it a month later.

Thankfully everyone made it that far.

Rosewood Church

Aria stood in a room with her father while waiting for the girls, very clearly panicked.

"What if they're not coming, Dad?" she asked.

"They are, honey. They wouldn't miss today," Byron assured.

"But after everything that's happened and everything we've all been through-"

"That's exactly why they'll be here. You five have come too far to stop being friends after all that bad stuff you went through is finally over."

"Amen to that," a voice said from the doorway.

Aria and Byron turned to find the other four girls standing there, smiling in their bridesmaids dresses.

The voice had been Emily's.

"You guys," Aria said as she walked over to her friends with her arms open.

They hugged for a moment, and when they let go, Bryon decided that he should leave to give them time together.

"Congrats, Aria. You really deserve this," Alison said.

"Thanks, Ali. You do, too. You all do. But especially you two since you're engaged," Aria said specifically to Alison and Emily.

"We're working on it," Emily said.

"Hard to plan a wedding with two other human beings to take care of," Alison explained.

"Fair enough," Aria replied.

"Well I guess Ali has a point since Toby and I don't have kids," Spencer said.

"But you guys aren't married," Hanna pointed out.

Spencer smiled, and the other realized what had happened.

"Oh my god, Spence! You and Toby got married?!" Emily asked.

"We eloped a few weeks ago. We both agreed that we didn't want anything big. Just the two of us. And the judge that officiated it but still," Spencer chuckled.

"That's amazing! I'm so happy for you guys!" Aria said.

"Thanks."

Byron walked into the room. 

"Aria, honey. It's time," he said. 

The Liars smiled. 

"We better take our seats," Spencer said. 

"I love you guys," Aria said. 

"We love you too," Hanna replied. 

The five hugged, then Aria went with Byron as the other four took their seats with everyone else. 

Chapel

The room grew quiet as the doors to the church opened, revealing Aria and Byron arm in arm. 

Everyone stood up and watched as Byron walked his daughter down the aisle. 

Ezra saw his future wife from the other side of the church, and was amazed by how she looked. 

She was always beautiful to him, but today she was even more than usual. 

When the father-daughter pair got to the minister and Ezra, Byron went to the right and took his seat next to Ella, while Aria joined her future husband and took both his hands in hers. 

"Welcome, friends, family, and loved ones. We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of Aria Marie Montgomery and Ezra James Fitzgerald, as they both venture onto this next chapter of their lives together. This relationship stands for friendship, loyalty, and trust. But above all, for love. Aria, your vows," the minister said.

As Aria put a ring on Ezra's left ring finger, she said her vows. 

"Ezra, ever since the day we met I knew that we had something special. I knew that I could see myself with you and nobody else for the rest of my life. Even while we fought, or were broken up, I always knew that this very moment would happen. There's no one else I would be able to spend my life with. So, I, Aria, take thee Ezra, to have and to hold, from this day forward. For better, for worse. For richer, for poorer. To love and to cherish. Till death do us part."

After Aria said her vows, Hanna saw that Emily was starting to cry so she got into her purse and handed her a tissue.

"I don't need tissues," Emily declines. 

"Em. Today you do," Hanna insists. 

Emily takes it, and begins to wipe the corners of her eyes as Ezra begins speaking his vows while putting a ring on Aria's ring finger.

"My whole life I wanted someone that saw me for me. Not as some rich little boy, not as a writer, not as a immature college kid. But as someone who was capable of loving someone the way I hadn't been as a child. I'm glad that we found each other, Aria. You have made me a better person and the man I am today. I, Ezra, take thee Aria, to have and to hold, from this day forward. For better, for worse. For richer, for poorer. In sickness and in health. To love and to cherish. Till death do us part."

"If anyone can show just cause as to why this couple can't be joined in holy matrimony, let them speak now or forever hold your peace," the minister said. 

Everyone looked around, and as expected, no one spoke. 

"Well, with the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

The couple kissed, gaining some 'oohs' and 'ahhs' from people in the crowd. 

They pulled apart, and the minister said, "I now present to you for the very first time, Mr. and Mrs. Fitz."

Everyone clapped and cheered. 

Happiness filled the air, and there was still plenty to go around, as the Liars all had happy plans for the future that they hadn't told each other just yet.