Chapter Four: ReveAleD

"So Melissa's A.D?" Hanna asked.

"No, Han. She's only helping A.D. And it's not even because she wants to," Mona replied.

"Do you have any proof that my sister isn't the one tormenting us? Because by the looks of that video call-!" Spencer began, but was cut off by Lucas.

"Mona and I found a private jet reservation registered for Melissa Hastings and A.D! Melissa and A.D. are two different people!" he argued.

"Plus, I found this on the way here," Mona added.

She picked up her laptop, and walked over to the coffee table. She placed the laptop on the table, and found the file she was looking for. 

"This is what happened in Melissa's apartment last night," Mona said, pressing play on the video.

It showed Melissa, hands up, asking A.D. if they were there to kill her.

"Why didn't A.D. kill her? Wasn't the whole point of their game finding out who killed Charlotte?" Hanna asked.

"Keep watching."

"I'm sorry for what I did, okay? But she took Wren away from me!" Melissa said to A.D. on the video.

"Turn around," A.D. said in a modified voice.

"B-but I thought-?"

"Turn around, Melissa! Now!" 

Slowly but surely, Melissa turned around, and waited for further instructions. 

"Now, put your hands down, and walk outside to the limo."

Melissa walked out of the apartment, but A.D. stayed behind. They began looking around her apartment.

"What are they looking for?" Spencer asked.

"Wait for it," Mona said.

Finally, A.D. found it. The black hoodie. They then turned to the camera, and shot it.

"Wait. If A.D. shot out the camera, then how'd you get this?" Caleb asked.

"For the past few months I've been tracking down A.D.'s identity, and I had a feeling that it could've been Melissa. I was convinced it was her, until I saw this video," Lucas said. 

"So A.D. and Melissa are planning to stop the wedding? That's where this all ends?" Emily asked.

"It doesn't make any sense, though. Why is A.D. only coming back because of the wedding?" Ezra questioned. 

"To carry out their endgame," Mona pieced together.

"But isn't the endgame finding out who killed Charlotte and punishing them? They haven't done that to Melissa yet but they are every opportunity imaginable," Toby pointed out.

"That was just a cover up. A.D. might have not even cared about Charlotte!"

"Then why did A.D. torment us? Why did they kidnap me and torture me because they thought I did something to her?!" Hanna asked.

"I don't know. But we'll find out tomorrow, won't we?"

"Mona's right. We should just wait until tomorrow," Spencer agreed. 

"But I don't want to wait until my wedding day to find out who this monster is!" Aria argued.

"It may be our only choice, Aria."

Aria sighed, facing the truth that she would have to wait until her wedding to end the game once and for all. 

The Next Morning: