Chapter Nine: New Beginnings

ONE WEEK LATER

Rosewood

Downtown

The Liars walked together through the downtown streets of Rosewood. 

"How's Mona doing, Han?" Aria asked. 

"Good. She moved out of the apartment and moved to France to run a doll shop," Hanna replied. 

"A doll shop? In France? I'll try not to run into her while I'm there."

"She's changed, Aria. She hasn't been that kind of Mona for years. But speaking of France, I was looking online and your first class seats are bigger than our bedroom. Oh, and you have to get the duck! If they're flying it in from Peking, it has to be-"

"Han, that's how the duck is prepared. It's not actually from Peking," Spencer corrected. 

"Okay, you don't know that for sure, Spencer."

"Yes I do because Peking is now Beijing."

"Well then they should call it Beijing duck!"

"I'm gonna get the duck, Han," Aria assured. 

The girls chuckled. 

"We heard Toby and Jason are working together now," Emily said. 

"Oh, yeah, Jason said the project in Africa was going well," Alison added. 

"Yeah, if it works out they should be able to get a lot of families houses with running water," Spencer said. 

"I've always loved you two together," Emily said. 

"Is it actually possible that all of us are happy at the same time?" Hanna questioned. 

"Oh my God, don't say that out loud, it's a jink!" Spencer said. 

"Oh, well then I guess I can't say this other thing."

"Uh, yes you can," Emily said. 

The girls became confused and worried about what Hanna had to say.

"No, I promised Caleb I wouldn't say anything."

"Okay, just because you're married doesn't mean you can have secrets," Alison said. 

"Okay. Well, it's a little early, but...I'm pregnant," Hanna said. 

The others gasped, excited for Hanna. 

"Congratulations!" Alison said. 

"You're okay with that, right?" Hanna asked Aria. 

"Hanna, of course! That's amazing! Besides, Ezra and I are right behind you. When we get back from our trip, we're gonna meet with an adoption agency," Aria replied. 

"Just don't say anything," Hanna told the others.

Aria's phone beeped, and she pulled it out of her pocket to read the message. 

"It's Ezra. The car's here."

"You're gonna send us a ton of photos, right?" Emily asked. 

"Yeah," Aria replied, nodding her head.

"Oh, and don't forget to take pictures of all your hotel rooms before you mess them up!" Hanna said. 

"There's this new group chat app that we should all be on. I'll text it to you guys," Spencer said. 

Aria looked at her friends and saw that they were all tearing up.

"Guys, I'm only leaving for three weeks, why is everybody crying?" Aria asked. 

"I don't know. For some reason I feel like this is the end of something," Alison responded.

One by one, Aria went around and hugged all the girls. 

Then they got together for a group hug. 

"I love you guys," Aria said. 

"Love you, too," they replied.

And with that, all was right in the world. 

Happiness filled the air as the Liars relished in their new, normal lives without any A's, secrets, lies, or murder in their way. 

But not for long.