Home

You part ways with Jimin inside your apartment building, waving goodbye to him, Hoseok, and Taehyung as they traverse further down the hall to his apartment.

Jungkook scratches against the side of his hamster ball as you unlock your door and set him inside.

"Uh...feel free to explore," you say awkwardly to him.

You feel a little stupid talking to an animal, but it feels like Jungkook understands you.

Backing up your theory, the rabbit sniffs and rolls himself into your apartment without hesitation.

Okay.

You drag the bags of his supplies into your apartment one by one, piling them up in a corner of your living room.

In the background of your labor you can hear the soft and smooth sound of Jungkook adventuring around the hardwood rooms.

You finally get all of his stuff inside, closing the door behind you and observing the pile of various things with satisfaction.

Then you get to the real work.

You spread an absorbent mat on the floor before assembling Jungkook's new playpen, settling his little house in the back along with his food bowl and water bottle.

You put a couple of the toys you bought out on the floor, then go to hunt down the little creature.

Jungkook has managed to wedge himself in between two chairs in the kitchen and is scrabbling desperately to free himself.

With a chuckle, you pick him up and carry him back into the living room.

Jungkook seems happy to escape the confines of the clear ball as you empty his fuzzy butt into the playpen. He hops around the perimeter of the pen, exploring and testing the boundaries of his new home.

You step inside and sit in the middle of the pen.

Jungkook approaches you, nibbling at your shoestring slightly before jumping onto your leg.

"Hi buddy," you mumble with a gentle scratch on his head. Shuddering under your touch, the rabbit suddenly hops away and begins to circle you, stopping every now and then to sniff at you.

It's kind of cute and you watch him with amusement.

Until.

"Holy crap!" you squeak, scooting away with embarrassment when your new pet straddles your bent knee and starts humping your leg.

You scramble away, mortified beyond belief even as the confused bunny follows you, repeating the action when you're trapped against the back of his playpen.

"B-bad bunny! No! S-s-stop it!"

You pick him up and hold him mid-air, horrified at his little hips still going at it. Jungkook grunts cutely and kicks in the air.
His tiny nose is twitching faster than you can keep track of.

And, thankfully, his hips have finally stopped moving.

Sighing with relief, you gently set down the black rabbit and escape the pen, keeping your back to him.

Why are you so embarrassed?

You know that he's an animal and that's just natural or whatever, but the entire situation feels awkward as heck.

Jungkook's little bunny eyes are burning a hole into your back, making you sweat. To escape him, you step out into the hallway, closing the door behind you and crouching down against the wall as humiliation overtakes you.

A tiny scream leaves your mouth. It's a signal that all of your embarrassment just imploded inside of you.

Even though you hear several apartment doors pop open as your neighbors check on the noise, they all close just as quickly when you don't look up and wave them off.

Except one.

When footsteps begin to move toward you, you glance up and find a familiar orange-haired man easing toward you with wide eyes.

Jimin frowns at your frazzled state. "Are you okay? What happened?"

Peering up at Jimin with horror still plastered over your face, you whisper, "Jungkook. Just. Humped. Me."

There's a second of silence, then Jimin bursts out laughing. He throws himself against the wall and bends over, weakly slapping at his knee.

Wow, dramatic much?

You glare at him. "It's not funny! I've never felt so freaking awkward in my life."

Massive leaks of laughter finally quiet into small giggles, and Jimin squints at you.

"First of all, that's hilarious. And second, why do you feel awkward? He's a rabbit, they're kind of known for doing stuff like that."

"But still!" You wave your hands around the air in a show of speechlessness and frustration. "He's only been in my house for thirty minutes, tops. Show a little restrain!"

Still laughing, Jimin walks past you and waltzes into your apartment without even asking.

"Hey!"

You follow him, shocked. If he feels this comfortable with you after only being acquainted for one day, you can't imagine what it's like to actually be close friends with Jimin.

You wonder if he just walks in like this on all of his friends.

Inside your apartment, Jimin hops into Jungkook's playpen and sits down, facing the bunny. Jungkook stays away from Jimin and watches him suspiciously until you climb back into the pen.

Immediately, Jungkook runs for you.

The back rabbit jumps into your lap and presses his back to your tummy, still warily keeping an eye on Jimin.

Laughing, you simply pat his head.
You're half afraid that if your scratch him again, he'll go off on another mating tangent.

"C'mere buddy," Jimin coos, gesturing to Jungkook.

The trembling rabbit turns and burrows against you, grabbing your shirt between his teeth and tugging desperately.

"Hey, it's alright," you soothe. Your previous awkward feelings have fled in the face of your rabbit's distress and you pick him up, holding him close on your shoulder like a baby.

Jungkook starts rubbing his chin all over you, now content.

Jimin pouts. "He doesn't like me," he says, wrinkling his nose.

"He doesn't have to," you sass back. "You're not his owner."

Jimin scoots on his butt closer to you, poking at Jungkook's fur. "Hey, fluff ball. Why don't you like me?"

Giggling when the rabbit promptly ignores your neighbor, you cuddle Jungkook closer and twist away from Jimin.

"I'm not all up in your apartment, poking at your ferrets," you point out in amusement. "So why are you in mine?"

As if he's just realizing where he is, Jimin looks around in surprise. "Oh. My bad. I'll just go then."

With a sheepish smile he waves and stands, quickly exiting your apartment.

The door clicks shut behind him.

"Jungkook," you say, holding up your pet so he's at eye level with you, "It's been a weird day, but welcome home."