Waffles

CRASH!

You sit straight upright, eyes peeled wide open when a tremendous shattering noise roars through your apartment.

What the heck was that?!

Did someone break in?

Where's Jungkook?

The questions flash through your mind almost too fast to process, but the last once makes everything else stop.

Noticing the absence of a particular ebony-haired man beside you, you start to panic even more. You rip the blankets off of yourself and hurtle into the living room, searching wildly for any sign of an intruder or Jungkook.

Nothing.

But what does catch your attention is the dark, searing scent of something burning. A tiny billow of smoke floats in from the kitchen, and you follow it warily.

You open the kitchen door, and stop.

Holy crap.

There might be several things that Jungkook knows how to do from watching television during his bunny days, but cooking must not be one of them.

He's standing in the middle of the kitchen, Iron Man boxers on full display under his t-shirt, and a frying pan sits on the stove.

Huge billows of fire are surging up from the pan, originating from a burnt black lump sitting dryly in the middle. The flat disk that was once food is so charred and blackened that you can't tell what kind of food it was.

Jungkook is humming cheerfully, poking at the lump with a half-melted plastic spatula.

He sees you and grins. "Y/N, I'm making you waffles!"

Waffles? That ebony disk of ash was once a waffle?!

The man-bunny shows no fear of the tall flames, brandishing the spatula at them like a knight with a sword.

Behind him, there's a ceramic plate in pieces on the floor shattered into oblivion.

And Jungkook's barefoot.

"Be careful!" you hiss as Jungkook steps back to avoid a flame that lashes out at him from the pan. He miraculously manages to avoid any shards of plate as he dances across the kitchen, grabbing the garlic salt (what the heck?!) from a cabinet and shaking some into the fire.

"Jungkook!" you shriek in absolutely dumbfounded shock.

"Hm?" He swings around to face you, pan full of flaming waffles in hand. His bare palm is now clad in a flower-patterned oven mitt.

You have to backstep to avoid singeing all of your hair off as the pan glances by you.

"The waffles are on fire," you say slowly, speaking like you would to a toddler.
Blinking, Jungkook looks at the burning pan in his hand. "Oh. Are they not supposed to be?"

"No!" You sprint to the sink and fill a cup with water, pouring it over the burning food. You didn't see any oil in the pan, thank goodness, so the water successfully puts out the flame. You're not even sure how Jungkook managed to catch the breakfast food on fire.

"I'm sorry, Y/N," he says with a pout as you try to pry the dead waffle off of the pan. "I was trying to make breakfast."

He waves the melted spatula in his hand as proof.

"It's fine, Kookie," you sigh. The waffle finally comes unglued from the pan, flopping stiffly into the sink and laying there pitifully. "But just for future reference, you don't cook waffles that way. How did you even know where to get them?"

His head tilts up in consideration, showcasing his angled jawline. "You made waffles the other day. I saw you take them out."

"And you didn't see me cook them in the toaster?" You raise an eyebrow at his sheepish grin.

He giggles, "I guess I left before that." The quiet laughter makes your heart swell and a reluctant smile spread on your face.

He's just so cute.

You can't even find it in yourself to be mad at him.

In the midst of the bellows of smoke blooming from the doused fire, you hear the sudden, faint ring of the doorbell.

You and Jungkook both swivel your heads in the direction of the door.

Then, without your permission, the door slams open and loud voices carry into the kitchen.

"Y/N!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU?"

Jimin. Of course.

Who else would barge into your apartment without asking first?

Your orange-haired friend's voice is strained and desperate as it roars through your apartment. Not even a whole second later, two large bodies slide around the corner of the kitchen door.

Hoseok slams into you full force, almost knocking you over as he wraps himself around you and sniffs sadly into your shoulder. "Tell him to stop, Y/N! Jiminie's being mean again!"

Across the kitchen, Taehyung barrels into Jungkook and embraces him with an ecstatic, "Jungkookie!"

Jungkook smiles and returns the hug, but his eyes stay on you and Hoseok wrapped up together like a pretzel. "Hyung!"

Hoseok releases you and joins the ex-animal hug party, squishing Jungkook between him and his blonde counterpart.

Jimin scampers into the kitchen in the meantime, droopy-eyed and frazzled. His hair is standing straight up on his head like he's stuck his finger in a light socket, a sure sign that he's been tunneling his cute finger through the orange waves in stress.

"Come here," he hisses at you, pulling you away from the embracing trio.

You follow him into your bedroom, rolling your eyes when he shuts the door behind you.

"Does this really require that much secrecy?" you ask in amusement.

"Do you want this fixed?" Jimin doesn't waste time considering your joke or even take a moment to catch his breath. He stares you down after the question, serious and intense.

"Huh?" you ask. "Of course I want to fix them, why do you ask?"

"Because, Y/N," Jimin snarls angrily. "They don't want to be fixed."

He yanks up the long sleeve of his t-shirt, revealing a bright red and throbbing intention on his arm. There are purple and blur splotches spreading along it, a sign of future bruising.

"What the heck?" you gasp at the sight of the injury. "What happened?!"

"Taehyung happened," Jimin says seriously. "He bit me when I told him I was turning him back into a ferret. And then he tried to run."

Crap.

[A/N]
Unedited
Sorry it took so long 😫😞 I'm out of town and moving into my dorm room for college, so I won't be on Wattpad very much for the next couple of days
Sorry guys ❤️❤️❤️