Kiss in the Dark [New Year's Bonus]

Jungkook's POV

Jungkook is...awkward.
People keep bumping into him, laughing and smiling with their friends, but he doesn't know what to do in this situation.
At a party.
"Come on, Jungkook," Y/N urges as he clasps onto her hand tighter. "It's New Years. Smile a little."
At her warm presence and sparkling eyes, he lets an easy grin slip over his face.
He'll smile for her, but only her.
She's really beautiful tonight, in a sweater dress and tights, her hair cascading down her back.
Her lips are painted a bright red that makes his mouth water.
"Happy New Years, Kookie!" cheers a voice from behind him. Jungkook spins around in his black leather boots to face the speaker.
It's Jimin, swallowed by a giant, celebratory black sweater with fireworks sewn into the fabric.
He waves at Jungkook with one sweater paw, and slings his other arm around Y/N's shoulders.
With him are Taehyung and Hoseok, glad in matching cable knit sweaters with Happy New Year's scrawled across the front.
Jungkook sidles closer to the other two animals. He feels their confusion, and feels it echoing in his own chest.
What's so great about this 'New Year' stuff anyways?
It's just another excuse for humans to throw a party, he supposes. Other than that, there's really nothing special.
"Now remember, Jungkook," Y/N gasps suddenly, clutching his arm. "At midnight, you have to find someone to kiss! It's tradition. Look around for any pretty girls you might want to pull into a kiss at midnight!"
A kiss?!
He has to kiss someone at midnight?
Blinking, his eyes fall on the beautiful woman standing in front of him, smiling radiantly up at her friends.
Or...
He gets to kiss someone.
This is perfect! He can kiss Y/N without her being wary of him seducing her or whatnot. And hen he'll know if she's everything he thinks she is. He'll know if she's the perfect one for him.
So, the rest of the night, Jungkook strategizes. Following Y/N as she wanders around the party, he calculates just how close he needs to be to Y/N so he can pull her into a surprise kiss, but also how far away so she won't be alerted to his plan.
And everything's going great until they turn the lights off.
Everyone screams in delight at the blackness, but Jungkook panics. He cant see anymore! How will he know who to kiss?!
"Y/N?" Jungkook hollers over the roar of the party-goers, and the announcer shouting out words.
"Okay everyone, it's almost midnight! We're gonna have fun this year! You have to find your partner for a kiss in the dark. Only a minute left, so hurry up!"
Crap. Of all the bunnies in this world, Jungkook has the worst luck. People are stumbling around in the dark, grasping at random jackets and limbs to find someone to hold onto as the time slowly ticks toward midnight.
Where the heck is Y/N?!
Jungkook closes his eyes and inhales deeply, working to find a familiar scent in the crowd since his eyes are failing him.
He catches the faintest whiff, and rushes toward it as the countdown begins.
10
9
8
He takes a couple more steps, the scent groaning stronger, and jumps when somebody latches onto his coat.
7
6
The person smells familiar, but he can't be totally positive that it's Y/N. There are too many people in the crowd, too many scents shifting around his nose.
5
4
But it doesn't matter.
Jungkook's our of time.
He grabs the figure's slim waist and feels  sweater material under his fingers, heart jumping in his chest.
This must be Y/N.
3
2
1
Happy New Year!
Gulping in a deep breath of air, Jungkook cups the delicate curve of her face and tilts his head, letting his lips meet her soft ones.
But, the instant they do, he knows.
This is wrong.
Jerking back, Jungkook gapes with wide eyes at the person in front of him who is most definitely not Y/N just as the lights flicker on.
And Taehyung blinks at him, in just as much shock as he is.
"Jungkook?!"
"Hyung?!"
Mouth gaping open like a fish, Jungkook slams his hand into his lips and rubs them feverishly, trying to wipe off any evidence of what's just happened.
He.
And Taehyung.
Kissed.
Jungkook feels his stomach roiling, his dinner about to force its way back up his throat.
His eyes meet Taehyung's again.
And now they're both gagging, holding back nausea. 
Suddenly, remembering Y/N, Jungkook searches feverishly around the party to find her.
If he didn't kiss her, then who did?
When Jungkook's gaze finally falls on her, he almost deflates like a balloon with a hole in it.
Hoseok.
He's grinning cheekily down at Y/N, her cheek cupped in one hand.
As if she feels his gaze on her, Y/N glances at Jungkook and presents him with a grin. She urges Hoseok to follow her and skips toward him.
"Jungkook," Y/N chirps sweetly. "Did you find someone to kiss?"
Over her head, Taehyung's wide, horrified eyes clash with Jungkook's panicking ones. The older man shakes his head vigorously.
Never speak of this.
"Nope," Jungkook pops our, grinning sheepishly at Y/N. "No one. I didn't kiss anyone."
Bottom lip pouting out in disappointment, Y/N grasps his hands. "Aww, poor baby. Well, here." She gets up in her tiptoes, hair brushing his shoulder, and plants her perfect lips on Jungkook's cheek in a soft, warm kiss.
Perfect.
He can already feel the blush wracking his face.
When Y/N draws back, she's got a gentle smile on her face.
"There," she whispers. "Happy New Year, Kookie."
Jungkook grins and holds a hand to his cheek, trying to preserve her warmth and smell, and intertwined his fingers with hers.
Hm.
Maybe there is something special about New Year's after all.