DASCH409 Presents: Timed Out

Hello!! I hope you are having a fabulous August!!! This is the third #WattpadBlockParty that I've been fortunate enough to participate in!! I'd like to say a very BIG thank you to @KellyAnneBlount for hosting this awesome event.

Three years ago, I started working on the JUMP LINE series. The first two books are posted on Wattpad and can be found on my user page (links below). I've finally gotten around to writing the third and final book of the series, TIMED OUT. Check it out...

TIMED OUT - Chapter One

Numb. That's what I felt. My entire body no longer belonged to me. It felt as if I had left my body and was just floating above the white shell.

I slowly sucked in a deep breath and then thrust my head back underneath the steady stream of water that descended from above my head.

Theo had told me I only had thirty minutes to shower and change, but I didn't want to get out. Right now, it was the one place I felt somewhat safe. My mind had been on overdrive since we had arrived here and my thoughts continued to race from everything that had happened over the past few hours. The one consistent link was my mother...Dr. Marie James.

She had tried to kill the entire team. Yes, you heard me right, my mother had tried to kill me and the rest of my team. I'm not even sure why I continue to give her the credit of being the woman who at one point gave birth to me.

She had created an entire army of soldiers who were invisible to the human eye and then they attacked us. I had to assume they too could travel through time.

No one was safe. Not even me.

The realization that we were in imminent danger began to settle in like a sick virus slowly eating away at my body. I felt my torso begin to convulse again as I dry heaved towards the marble wall in front of me. She had done this to me and the team.

"I hate you," I mumbled to myself, as I tried to suppress the reflux to gag again. Water continued to slide down my body. I knew she couldn't hear my words, but I didn't care. She had done too much to sabotage me over the past few years. At first, I had been led to believe that my biological mother had done these things out of love and a need to protect, but I was quickly realizing that idea was all wrong. I mean, it was crazy how off I was about my mother. She didn't care about me. For her, it was about control... and revenge.

I turned around in the shower and let the soft pellets of water slide down my back. I would have liked to be able to enjoy how the water felt, but I couldn't. Steam rose around me, so it had to be hot, but my body felt nothing and it was HER fault.

LUX's voice interrupted the silence. "Captain James, the rest of the team is waiting."

"Good for them." I thrust out my arm and let the water spray towards the glass door.