2

Everyone rushed to hajiya Yasmin's room. Zayd picked Malika who was screeching in pain in a bridal style and rushed to the car and took her to a hospital.

Z a y d

I was walking to and fro, silently holding my breath, the waiting room suddenly became dark. My feet suddenly went numb barely feeling anything on their way.

I spotted the chairs and sat on the nearest one. Ya Allah save my wife those were the only words my lips were chanting.

Hajiya Yasmin came and sat beside me, telling me everything will be ok Insha Allah, that Malika and the baby will be safe and sound.

A few hours later,

"Doctor...."
"Congratulations, Mrs Malika has finally given birth, she gave birth to a baby girl."

"Are the mother and the baby both fine?" Asked zayd. The doctor smiled, "yes, they are both fine."

Everyone in the room sighed a breath of relief. 'Alhamdulillah' was the only word that floated around in the room. Zayd asked the doctor if they could see her, and the doctor said yes, but they should not stress her out.

"Salaam alaikum." zayd and everyone greeted as they enter the room. Umm Zayd, hajiya Yasmin, and everyone approached Malika's bed smiling. Malika returned her greetings, smiling as they all were.

"Taqabbal Allah minna wa minkum" replied Malika glancing at zayd. He walked towards her and sat beside her, brushing her hair gently with his fingers with a smile on his face. "i..." she started, but Zayd shushed her. "That's enough for now, you look tired and need some rest. Thank you, babe." He pecked her forehead.

"Oh, what kind of a father do we have here that only thinks of his wife and forgets about his newborn baby." teased meema(zayds aunt)

Zayd blushed and turned to meema, and said "what would the baby think if her dad doesn't care about her momma?" Meema laughed.

"Is that your excuse?" Hajiya Yasmin asks.

Zayd smiled and walked toward meema collecting the baby and pecked her forehead,"haba aikuma kunsan ba wanda ya kaini son diya ta (y' all know that nobody loves my daughter more than me)"zayd mumbled.

"Atoh aii na ga kamar kafi damuwa da uwar yar ne (but it seems like you care more about the mother)" said hajiya Yasmin collecting the baby. She looked at the child for a while, blessing her, then passed her to umm zayd.

"Kaka kenan bakidai rabuwa da abun magana, bakison ki yarda kin tsufa kingama yayi koh tsoho yayi sabuwar amarya hakuri daii zakiyi yanzu(grandma you always have something to say, why don't you believe that you're already old and expired because now grandpa has a new bride so its better for you keep for you to stay calm)" zayd teased.

"Dallah matsa chan." She eyed his and knocked his head lightly.

Zayd rubbed the place and couldn't help but smile as he collects the baby from his mother's arm. He stared at the baby's face for a while all of a sudden he felt the love of the baby gushing into him once again.

"Mama aman babyn nan da mamanta take kama(Aisha it looks like this baby is her mummy's look-alike)"Umm Zayd asked hajiya Yasmin. She nodded and peeked at the child.

Malika who was on the phone smiled, and Zayd continued to play with his cute baby.

What do you think about this chapter?
Please don't forget to vote, comment, and follow.

-Fatima🥀