EPILOUGE

6 YEARS LATER

H A N A N

I anxiously walked to and fro occasionally glancing at the wall clock, it was already 5:45pm and the catering team still aren't here to bring the food, and ya Zayd is probably on his way home. I just need to finish making the preparations, get back home, freshen up and bring Mi amor here with me.

Because today is **drumrolls** Ya Zayd's Birthday.

I, malika and the kids are throwing a surprise party for him. He turned 32 years today. The party's going to be a hit insha Allah.

Afnan is now 8, and Adam 6. I helped the workers set up the place, and by 6:30pm,
everything was set up, the hall was looking amazing. I know by now Zayd must be at home.

I drove home quickly while answering numerous calls from our guests asking about the time and venue of the event. I told them to be there by 8:30PM because they all have to be there to surprise the celebrant right?

I got home in 30 minutes and found that zayd still wasn't home, so I quickly took a shower and changed into a maroon buba and tied my scarf. The dress was designed by my one and only stylist, yusra my sister.

I was about to enter the bathroom when my phone started ringing. Malika was the caller, I picked the call, "Hanan do you know I've been waiting for you to come and pick these stubborn children, I'm so tired." She groaned. I chuckled saying, "I just made it back home about 5 minutes ago,"

"Zayd is also here, he has been asking me about you. How did the preparations go?" Malika asked. "Fine Alhamdulillah, it has all being set up."-"I will come pick the children, then go to the venue and drop them over there, and make sure to bring Zayd along with you, you know the plan right?" (Malika would tell him that Hanan's mother is sick so they both would have to go to a hospital to see her)

"Yeah I do, but hurry Allah I'm so tired ko wanka fa banyi bah(I did not even take a shower)" Malika stressed. I chuckled "Sure thing."

I disconnected the call, grabbed one long hijab from the drawer and exited the house. I got in the car that Zayd had bought for me on my birthday last year, It was a BMW, my favorite car.

Driving to Malika's house, accepting calls and just thinking about how the party will turn out, stressed me out. It was difficult as well as exciting.

When I finally arrived, I exited the car and walked into the duplex. I rang the doorbell and patiently waited for someone to open the door for me. Afnan came and opened the door for me, and before I could even close the door, my kids were already at my leg hugging me. "Mummy we've missed you so much."Afnan, Adam and Amira(Hanan); Malika's 3 years old daughter that was named after hanan.

I smiled at them and picked up amira saying "I've missed you more my baby's now go and say goodbye to daddy and wait for me here." I said dropping amira on the floor. I met Malika in the kitchen downstairs eating her sundae. "Lallai kin wahala," I said laughing. She shook her head with a smile saying, "You can't even imagine. We hugged each other.

"Where is he?"
"Upstairs." She said closing the tub and putting it back in the freezer. "Let me go and see him." She nodded,"You look nice." she said as I head upstairs.

"Thanks." I smiled over my shoulder.

I met him in the living room upstairs with a bunch of friends conversing, "Assalumu Alaikum, ina wunin ku" I greeted with a smile on my face as I take a look at zayd's face which immediately lit up. I waved at him and walked out of the room.

As I expected Zayd trailed in suit. He pulled me into his room and hugged me. "Hanan I missed you, where have you been?"he asked and brought my hand to his lips and pecked my knuckles.