10

Z a y d

I was on my way back from work to a friends' house when my phone began to ring. I am so tired.

"Who is calling me now?" I asked checking the caller. it was abu sufyan, he is an old friend and secretary of mine. "Hello zayd, how are you?"
"I'm fine Alhamdulillah, you?" I asked putting the on speaker.
"Fine."

He spoke to me about business, and also told to me that paul a business partner from London tried to contact me and that I had to go to London to finish some unfinished business.

"Okay, I would speak to him about it insha Allah, thank you." Then I disconnected the call.

As soon as i arrived at abdul's house i honked, his guard checked and opened the gate for me.

"Abdul ganinan nashigo kafito mutafi(Abdul I'm here, come out let's go)" I called him. "Okay, I'm on my way." He replied.

He walked out grinning from ear to ear. He entered my car saying "Zayd how are you?"
"I'm good, you?"
"Same as always. How is our bride?" I hesitated before saying, "she is fine."

Abdul teased me countless times while we were on our way to maitama district to meet a client.

5 minutes later,

After we finished with the client, I dropped him off and headed straight back home. I was right in front of Malika's gate when my gaze turned to the Hanans.

I shrugged it off, and drove into the compound. I parked my car beside aunt Meema's car and stepped out.

I was walking towards the front door when Meema marched out looking furious. "Hy there," i said with a smile, she glared at me anger visible in her eyes. "What is it?" I asked stopping to talk to her. She didn't say anything to me instead she just walked to her car and got in.

I watched as she drove out of the compound furiously, honking at the opposite gate. Hanan's gate.

I walked inside the house, and found Malika seated on the couch talking on the phone with Afnan in her cradle. I sat beside her and scooped Afnan in my arms. The little girl was sleeping peacefully dressed in a purple onesies.

"Welcome back." Malika mouthed side hugging me. I hugged her back as she disconnected the call saying I will call you later.

"Welcome back baby." She pecked me.
"What happened to Meema, I saw her leaving the house furiously." 
"What, Meema?"-" She didn't even come to this house."

"What do you mean by that, I just saw her leaving with my own eyes."

She shrugged "Toh Gaskiya nidai I didn't meet her." She didn't say anything else, instead she turned to their 2months old child.

He didn't say anything to her, he just kept quiet and softly caressed his sleeping baby's face.

.

Hanan was seated in her living room downstairs, feeling feverish ever since this morning when the door bell was rung.

"Yaa Allah." She groaned closing her eyes, she stood up and walked to the door and opened it to a furious looking aunt meema.

"Aunt meema!" She exclaimed pulling her into a hug. Aunt meema pushed her slightly and marched into the house without saying a word to Hanan. Hanan was beyond surprised.

"What's wrong Aunt meema?" She closed the door and followed her. "What's wrong? Is that what you are asking me? Really hanan, really! I'm so ashamed of you. I don't even know what to say." She said tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Aunt meema please tell me, what I did wrong. Please." She pleaded, body shaking. 

Aunt meema looked at hanan for a while before responding to her questions. "Are you seriously asking me that hanan, what is it about zayd that I have just heard? Is it true that zayd has never set a foot in this house, tell me is it true?" She demanded.

A tear rolled down hanan's cheek.
"and you are completely okay with that hanan? Are you, hanan?" She shouted. Hanan lowered her head  and bursted into tears.

"No," Meema shook her head, "I won't let this happen anymore, not now, not ever." She said and marched to the front door, hanan hot on her tail. She begged her not to tell anyone, but Aunt meema was not ready to listen. She entered her car, and drove directly to the faeeiz mansion.

When she arrived, she walked directly to tsoho's chamber and found him in his living room, with her mother and brother.

"Asslamu Alaikum." She greeted, " Waalaikum Assalam." they all answered a

"What's wrong meema why are you crying?" Hajiya yasmin asked. Meema bursed into a new set of tears, and narrated every thing she heard from malika.

"Innaillahi wa inna ilai hirraajiun." was all they kept repeating.

"How could zayd be so cruel to this innocent girl." Hajiya yasmin asked feeling very bad for Hanan. Alhaji Bello who was beyond angry, dialed Zayd number. He picked up on the second ring. "Asslamu alaikum dad" he greeted in his husky voice.

"Come to the family house in less than 15mins if not you would see the worst of me." he said and disconnected the call.

Z A Y D

"What's wrong? " he asked himself, passing Afnan to malika. "I will be right back bae." he said and pecked her. "Ok, I just hope its not about you getting married again." She rolled her eyes, and he smiled, quickly grabbed his car keys, and drove directly to the Faeeiz mansion.

Assalamu Alaikum,

Please share your thoughts on this chapter, and support me by voting and commenting.

Thank you.
Fatima🥀