6

H a n a n

An hour passed like seconds, and there was no sign of my so-called husband. "The husband I never knew of." I sat there disappointed, shedding tears.

Long after when my head was about to burst, I persuaded myself to stop, because the pain was unbearable. As I wiped my tears away, a new thought hit me and I broke into sobs again.

I had no one to protect me, no one to offer me their shoulder to cry upon, no one to tell me that it is going to be okay. I pitied myself and the worst phase in one's life is when they pity themselves.

I looked around and the huge place seemed to be haunting me with nothing but sounds of my sight and cries, it was heartbreaking. I felt like I was caged while before marriage I was a free bird.

I shook my head at the thought slowly and tried to get up searching for a place where I wouldn't even see my shadow. Turning around my eyes saw a small corridor with two closed doors on each side. I walked and opened the door on my left.

My eyes blinked, settling with the light that bore into the room from the large windows. The room was uncomfortably bright, which doesn't suit my mood.

I entered the bathroom which was inside the room, I performed ablution and prayed because it was already time for fajr.

Immediately after prayers, I fell asleep on the praying mat due to fatigue.

11:30 AM

My eyes flipped open only to be hit by an awful pain in my stomach. I realized I was hungry. I stood up took my bath, dressed up, and went downstairs to look for what to eat. Immediately I went downstairs, the doorbell rang and I rushed to open the door hoping it is my so-called husband.

"Iyyeh Amarsi ta ango ansha kamshi." teased aunt meema, Zayd's sisters and relatives.

"oyoyo anty na," I giggled pulling her into a hug. And also exchanged greetings with Zayd's family. I have known them since before the wedding because we used to go to their house when we were younger.

"Ok ok thats enough now before you break my bones." joked meema smiling.

We walked into the parlor downstairs where we chatted for a while until meema changed the topic. "so Amaris where is ango?"

"Well, he is still sleeping you know." My heart pondered in my chest. Honestly, I don't know why I covered for him.

"So ya zayd is still sleeping. Let me go and wake him up." Farha said getting up. "No no, don't wake him up please dan Allah," I begged to put on my best puppy face.

"Well you know I can't resist that cute face of yours." Farha smiled and sat back on the sofa.

I smiled and went to the kitchen to grab some drinks for my first guests. Some drinks were kept in the fridge by my relatives when they came for jere.

I walked back to the parlor where we chatted for about an hour or so when meema spoke up "toh fa you know Zayd isn't the type to sleeps all day."

Her speech got me smiling painfully, "well...he went out through the back door earlier, he said he doesn't want you all to tease him."

"Or is it that you don't want us to see your groom isn't it?" They all teased laughing.

We continued chatting until when they decided to leave. I tried to stop them, but they didn't want to listen to me. "No amarya, don't even try to stop us, I know ya Zayd is eagerly waiting for us to leave." Farha teased.
"Of course zayd is eager. After all who wouldn't be eager to be with this fine person." Aunt meema remarked which resulted in my face turning red. My husband.

"Ohh! She is blushing." She exclaimed and I couldn't stop myself from rolling my eyes.

I escorted them to the front door and was about to follow them to their cars when they ushered me to go back to Zayd.

I walked back into the parlor where the food basket they bought was kept, and poured some soup for myself and ate. After eating, I decided to take a stroll around the house or should I say my house since I don't have anything else to do. After all, I was curious.

I started with the room adjacent to mine upstairs. "Wow!" was all I could mutter because I was shunned by the view of the room. It was a big room designed in a fancy way. It was painted white and the furniture were black. I guess it was Zayd's room. I pouted and left the room to the other room which was a little bit far from I and Zayd's rooms. It was a beautiful white and maroon room.

Then I walked to the living room upstairs, it was a very gorgeous living room indeed. The sofas were navy green in color, and by the end near the door that leads to the corridor, was a coffee table which was beautifully carved well. Then by a corner was a mini refrigerator which was black.

I smiled then moved to the guest room downstairs since I had already seen the living room. I looked at the guest room then the dining area than the kitchen. I noticed a very beautiful console by the front entrance of the house. This is the kind of a house I've always wanted only there is no husband in it.

Z a y d

"I can't believe you agreed to get married again on...on this special occasion for goodness sake, on the day of your only daughter's naming ceremony." Malika sobbed wetting my sky blue kaftan.
"Babe its okay, its not like I wanted to get married again," I assured gently patting her back

"But...but its almost the same because a co-wife tries her best to take your husband away from you, and zaid how could you? how could you do this to me after all....."

"Shhh!! I love you and only you okay" I assured her and pulled her into a tight hug.

——————
Your thoughts on this chapter?
Please do vote, comment, and share.

-Fatima🥀