TEN.

ALEJANDRO EVENTUALLY FREES THE BIG sigh he's been holding captive for the past three hours. Of course the make-up project is just double work and more difficult. However, all it took is a laptop and no need to go to the library. It might be because Grayson was serious and more than ready to work this time or Alejandro doesn't want to spend another two hours yet again, waiting for the tardy asshole to show up. The blonde can even miss his boat to the Underworld.

Alejandro feels his phone buzz on his thigh causing him to let out another stressed sigh.

"Just in time."

"Awwn, how did it go?" Kara says, the chew sound of bubblegum tickling Alejandro's ear. He's feeling misophonic or maybe it's just his irritable nature. Either way, a peeved sneer finds its way to his lips.

"Like I said, we didn't talk much, like really really. His face was dead as stone throughout and I could sense that he was ready to be serious."

"Maybe."

"Or was I a bit too rash on him?" Alejandro confesses with an apparent amount of uncertainty.

Kara chuckles, popping a gum bubble and plunking a ginger's nerve. "I was like what the actual fuck! When I saw you take it out on him, you were so mad, you were blazing like your hair Al. You're just so unpredictable. Remind me not to step on Alejandro Bale's toes again."

"Yeah yeah whatever." Alejandro rolls his eyes. It is so Kara to make him relive the moment. After that class, Alejandro verbally ripped his guts open and shoved it up his ass. He never knew he could be that mad at someone - well he kinda knows that he can strangle a playmate during toddlerhood. He could've hidden it and be like "its cool, it wasn't your fault". It wasn't the cliche "something in me snapped", it was his entire being that came apart like the old London Bridge. Grayson is his cause of his first and only F ever in the first three weeks in Crescent High and in highschool as whole.

"And you weren't too rash or whatever. He deserved it, considering you spent a lot of time and effort on that project and it was your very first test in our school."

Alejandro nods as if Kara can see him through the phone. He absentmindedly spins a full crimson apple on the tip of his index while he leans on the kitchen counter. His eyes riddle holes into his brother's back as he fries some type of salad. Ambrose tossed and turned with flames flaring out of the pan. "That Mrs. Callaghan is one crazy lady."

"You don't know the half of it. If not for my dad being the principal, then you'll probably be wallowing in your first F." Yes, Kara is the principal's daughter and yes, he pleaded on behalf of Alejandro. It seemed Mrs. Callaghan had it all along for Grayson - not that a simple F affects him in any way. Alejandro suddenly feels petty.

"My regards to him again. Tell him thank you."

"Yeah yeah. Gotta go. Babe's here." Her voice is dainty and dandy like a chocolate chip cookie.

"Who's babe?"

"It's a surprise." Alejandro cringes as he pictures her wink; she's terrible at it. Sometimes, it seems like she's squinting out cat's spit.

"Whatever, don't forget to fill me in later." Alejandro cringes even more at the sound if how gay he sounds.

"Toodles, Allie bear."