FORTY-ONE.

...sharp edges have consequences, I guess I had to find out for myself...

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

Alejandro

"Oh my god, Al! I'm so sorry!" I rolled my eyes at the melodramatic Kara who gaped at my medical report like she read the result of her pregnancy test.

"You're exactly what's called 'The Walking Dead'." Kara slapped Nolan's back, hard. "Ow!"

"I can't believe I'm dating a villain like you. Your best friend is diabetic, hypertensive and his b.p. is high at the same time while you're making jokes that aren't even funny-"

"To be honest," I objected. "It's kinda funny-"

"Shut up, I'm talking."

"Yes Ma." I recoiled into my seat before my hands headed to the banana milkshake they've been itching to touch since I came to meet my friends here in McDonalds. They were initially at Burger King and I swore my soon-to-be-gone life that I won't step a foot in there.

Kara and Nolan called me to hang out and leave that 'cursed' mansion while I was in the hospital, listening to a long ass medical speech about my drastically diminishing health and how I'm gonna die; the doctor didn't really mention that last part but it was crystal clear to me. Like damn, I don't even know if I want to be a doctor again if I have to bore people to death-and possibly subtract out of their lifetime.

Kara swatted my hand off the milkshake. "Don't even dare." The fire in her eyes forced me to push the pout and puppy eyes back in while I sucked on my sizzling arm.

Kara's phone call aided Nolan's comedy show. "It's kinda ironic anyways. Here you are, a diabetic in McDiabetes."

I chuckled, covering my hand with my mouth. "At least I'm not in Booger King."

"Now I feel like eating Shitpotle."

"Maybe a jizzeria too."

"Or a-"

"Yo bitches!" I didn't even bother to check who just joined our group. The earsplitting, shrill voice was unmistakable. It's like Mariah Carey's octave was almost in all her notes.

She grabbed Kara's milkshake-with so much confidence as if she owns the whole world. Kara scoffed and reached for a fry from Nolan's plate, she wasn't at least intimidated by the other girl. She just despised her enough to act as if she doesn't even exist.

"What's up, Bernardo? What's cooking, with the blondie I mean?" Layla wiggled her deep, russet brows while making kissy sounds with her perfect, rubicund lips.

I diverted my gaze from her gorgeous hair to Stephanie who I almost didn't even notice. I didn't even want to even talk about that topic at the moment.

Stephanie nudged Layla and giggled into her ear, "He's missing him."

"Oh yeah! How can I forget?!"

"What the fuck! She just transformed into the female version of Freddie Mercury", my eardrums pleaded.

"You're worse than Echo Echo from Ben 10." Nolan hissed. Or Canary from Justice League. . .

"I just hope they bring back home the gold. Anything lower than that is garbage that ought to be dumped, incinerated, and blown away." She flipped her waist-length hair like she was about to make a back turn on the runway; not that she couldn't be a runway model anyways, Grayson has taste.